Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY Express Issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY Express Issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    Is this the same vendor that had pre-sale (and general communication) issues on 2017?
    Yep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Not to be nasty , but from my experience @ DIYC>>>
    This is a broad statement that gives new members a dim bulb view only .
    Pre sales were a staple on this site and I for one benefited greatly from them .
    Painting pre-sale like this with a broad stroke is just wrong .
    I am not as willing to just look to China first when there may be other local options !
    There is no local option, so to speak. It all comes from China. Fact is, back then, pre sales were the only option to get a good deal, now there are other ways to get a great deal and you dont have to wait months on end to get your stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I was just checking over my MasterCard bill and saw the line item for pixels I bought from you guessed it DIY LED Express.

Guess what was at the end of DIY LED Express line ? His phone number!!!!! Here it is (920)-627-1101

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    Yes. Thank you. I've been on the sight over 10 years and did not know of this vendor.

By the way as I started this thread. I heard back today that some of my items have shipped. At least some of the word will ship.
    Last edited by dnesci; 08-22-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    2 Grinchs, 2 Ren C's and a Ren T for 128 channels (in 2008)
    2 Ren64, 2 Ren24, 2 Ren24ss, 4 Ren16ss and 8 Ren8ss for 352 channels (currently)

Post Thanks / Like

So I did a small show last year but I'm looking to order 500-1000 pixels this year. Does this mean I shouldn't use DIY?

Last year I ordered some stuff off of Amazon. Amazon stuff worked ok but I understand they cheaped out on the wire length, the connectors weren't waterproof, and the wiring seemed really cheap*. I figure DIY should do it better? Or is there another vendor that works best?

I'd like to get the pixels by the beginning of October, along with a power supply, maybe.

(Hopefully this question is allowed, not sure of the vendor rules here)

--

*EDIT: I also couldn't get a good orange, so I'm hoping a different vendor can make a better orange for Halloween.
    Last edited by SoftwareGuy; 09-04-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoftwareGuy View Post
    So I did a small show last year but I'm looking to order 500-1000 pixels this year. Does this mean I shouldn't use DIY?

Last year I ordered some stuff off of Amazon. Amazon stuff worked ok but I understand they cheaped out on the wire length, the connectors weren't waterproof, and the wiring seemed really cheap*. I figure DIY should do it better? Or is there another vendor that works best?

I'd like to get the pixels by the beginning of October, along with a power supply, maybe.

(Hopefully this question is allowed, not sure of the vendor rules here)

--

*EDIT: I also couldn't get a good orange, so I'm hoping a different vendor can make a better orange for Halloween.
    If it's in stock on our site, it will ship within a week. As far as the orange, adjust the 'gamma' setting either in the controller or in your sequencer, if using xLights/falcon controller, set it to about 1.8 or 2 and see what looks best.

Post Thanks / Like

About the orange...I think it was Jon Chuchla that found orange way down in the intensity range. May or may not work for you but worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    About the orange...I think it was Jon Chuchla that found orange way down in the intensity range. May or may not work for you but worth a try.
    I need to hit up john, cause i still aint found a good orange. The orange from LOR is ok, but not a good deep orange like i want

Post Thanks / Like

An update for those that might come across this thread in the future...

I placed an order with DIY lights on Sept 8th and the lights arrived today, Sept 17th. I'll need to rewire my controller to do testing but the order itself looks to be fine. Shipping speed, price, and order confirmation was fine too. So I'm not sure what motivated the initial post of being unresponsive but that was not my experience...

Thank you DIY for responding to my post here so quickly! It gave me confidence that you'd deliver - and you did. If every experience is like this you'll have a customer until my kids think Christmas lights are dumb... and one isn't even born yet, so I'll be around for a while.

Now... on to see what I can do about that elusive Orange color. I'll try the gamma adjustment, thanks for the tip. (I am using Falcon + xlights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    After about 22 attempts it finally accepted my payment. What a pain. One of a few companies that don't accept PayPal. I wonder why that is?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Paypal will almost always take the side of the customer (buyer) when there is an issue. if for some reason the seller is non communicative or doesnt ship in a timely manner. paypal will refund your money promptly. less reputable sellers shy away from services that protect the buyers. Im not saying that any particular seller is less reputable, merely my experience with paypal and sellers on ebay and in china, etc
    Last edited by Keebler; 09-18-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast