Thread: Smart home == ESP-01 (Sometimes)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smart home == ESP-01 (Sometimes)

I just purchased a new (old) home. As part of the renovations I have decided to finally add some smart bulbs and spotlights around the house. Some of the lamps are 802.11g WiFi enabled devices. Since I keep a close eye on what devices are attached to my network, I noticed that about half of the WiFi enabled devices were reporting MAC addresses registered to the ESP-01 product line. A guess on my part would be that some manufacturers are embedding ESPs into the lamps. Either that or the company that owns the ESP mfg block of addresses is selling some of their addresses to other manufacturers. I prefer to believe that the little ESP workhorse is finding lots of interesting uses.

Martin

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Smart home == ESP-01 (Sometimes)

Wonder if they have any issues with the PUYA chips.....
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

My 3D printer reports itself as an ESP also. I was quite confused at first, but then I realized that it was the printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

There are a multitude of ESP devices that are not ESP-01, therefore PUYA doesn’t seem to apply.
    In Lights Therapy