Thread: Vixen 3.6 Set Level not working, on some elements.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3.6 Set Level not working, on some elements.

Upgraded to 3.6 this evening and noticed on the 1st sequence I played that some of my singing faces elements were not "On", exact same sequence file run under Dev build 829, works fine. And both give me the upgrading from v6 to v7 sequence is not backward compatible... message.

The issue is with the Set level effect. Some, not all, of my element will not turn On when a set level is applied or they may flash on for just a brief moment, they work fine w/ a pulse effect and it is not limited to only elements in my singing faces, it is just that those were the most noticeable. - Note I am mostly AC lights so these are all single color elements. And I know that there can be issues with color matching and the elements not working, but as I stated they work fine in Dev 829, but not 3.6 build 872

Dev 829
    Dev 829.JPG

v3.6
    Vix 3.6.JPG
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.6 Set Level not working, on some elements.

Can you zip up the profile and attach a dropbox style link to it with a bug report so I can see what might be happening. There was only one change to the set level between those two builds and I can't really connect that to your issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Done, VIX-2792
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for creating that. I figured it out and it was indirectly related to the change in the Set Level. There is a bug in the data chain that was allowing the dimming curve to modify the original value of the effect instead of a copy. Your dimming curve is halving the brightness on one of the elements I looked at, so each frame it was halving the original value. This was multiplying until it was zero. That is why you saw some brief flashes at the start of an effect. IT is isolated to the combination of Set Level with a dimming curve on the applied element. That combo was clearly missed in the testing.

I'll have a fix in a development build later today.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff, the Vixen Team is great as always!
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff , just updated my DEV to build 875 and all my set level effects are working properly again!
    Matt