Thread: xLights Import Off

Post Thanks / Like

Default xLights Import Off

I've got an interesting one that I can reproduce, but not sure what is going on.

I have a spiral tree, 12 legs of 100 pixels.
    The tree is created in xLights to get the "spiral" in the tree.
    "Export as Custom Lights Model" gives me the .xmodel file.
    Open Vixen, then go into Preview Configuration.
    Choose "View" then "Prop Editor".
    In Custom Prop Editor, I choose "File" then "Import xModel".
    I choose the .xmodel I am looking for, in this case it is "Large Spiral Tree.xmodel".
    Wait for Vixen to do it's magic, and the tree pops up in the Custom Prop Editor's preview screen.
    At this point, I open the Layout List, and choose the first leg ("Leg 01"). The list only contains 96 items.
    Leg 02 - 93,
    Leg 03 - 94.

The counts go like this through each of the 12 legs. Only one had the full 100 that should be there.

I rechecked in xLights that the tree is setup for 12 legs with 100 pixels each. Still the numbers are short in the imported element in Vixen.

Has anyone else tried to do this, and if so, what was your result.

Note that I've done this at least half-a-dozen times, with the results similar each time. The numbers vary in the legs, but most of the legs don't come out to the full 100 like they should.

Before I turn this in as a possible bug, I want to know if anyone has seen this, and what you did to fix it.

Thanks
    Al
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xLights Import Off

Make the tree as large as possible on the screen in xlights. Also try playing with rotation and there is another sitting that kind of tilts the tree. It may help. The problem here is likely the pixels end up on top of each other so when exported to a custom model model file pixels get dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Keith. I will do just that.

Note that I created a 12 leg, 100 pixel STRAIGHT tree just to see if there was something in the twisting that may do it.
    10 of the 12 legs imported as 100 pixels. The other two were 98 and 86. The two that were off were in the middle of the screen (# 3 and #9), and in plain view (no overlap).

I did not change the tilt nor the roundness figures in the above test. I will in a few minutes.

FYI - really happy to have your help.
    Al
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, did as suggested. Got 7 of the 12 legs to import at 100 pixels each. The others varied between 89 and 97.

For now I'll put in a properly sized straight tree and use the real tree to see what the effect looks like on it.

Thanks for the ideas.
    Al
    Live, Laugh, Love.