Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is everyone sequencing on?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is everyone sequencing on?

I sequence on a newish dell inspiron 17 7000 with an intel i7 with 16gb ram and an SSD. My show is about 20,000 channels using V3
    By far the most important sequencing accessory to use with a laptop is a real mouse.
    I run the show on a FPP on an old pi b+. Iíve got two other FPPs on newer pi 3bs running as slaves for video playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My primary sequencing station is an older Dell Optiplex 3050, Intel Core i5-7500T @ 2.70 GHz, (4 Cores).
    1TB SSD, 24 GB of RAM. Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.239).
    2 Acer K272HL monitors.

I also use a Dell with an i7, @ 3.+ GHz and 16 GB of RAM. 500 GB SSD. 2 LG 24" monitors.

and for portable needs:

Dell SPX15 laptop - Intel i7, Quad Core @ 3.+GHz and 16 GB of RAM. 1 TB SSD.

All are connected via Gig Ethernet to a QNAP NAS with 16 TB of Raid 5 storage.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I can still easily sequence on my system, even though it's a few years old. Although, I'm starting to notice that some sequences take up to a minute to finish rendering.

Intel i7-4770
    16G RAM
    nVidia GTX 1060
    500G Intel SSD (OS)
    1T WD (data storage)
    Windows 10 Home
    (Sadly, just 1) Samsung monitor, 24" wide.

Post Thanks / Like

From the responses you have received so far, I think you can see a pattern developing.

1. A good size processor. Doesn't have to be "the latest and greatest", but it would help.
    2. A large amount of memory. The more that is in memory, the better.
    3. Fast storage. Solid State Drives are great, but a fast spinner is just as good. (So says the guy who just upgraded all of his computers to all fast SSDs. )
    4. A fast network connection.

This last one is a so-so statement. Most of the controllers out there are still working at 100 Mb/S. Gigabit network connections are starting to show up. I don't know of anyone using 10 Gig yet, but eventually....
    By having at least a Gig connection in the computer, you will be good for some time. Remember that some video equipment showing up to drive panels require a Gig connection, but that is between their senders and receivers. Pixel and AC controllers aren't working at that level - yet.

Good luck in finding the one you want.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Im on a really old laptop that I picked up for $100 last year on Craigslist. I believe it is a first or second gen i3 or i5. I only use it to run LOR for my light show. It never gets on the internet and never updates. It serves me just fine for the show software.

I do all my actual sequence work on my gaming desktop with is a newer quad core i5, 16gb RAM, multiple SSDs and HDDs as well as a 1070ti GPU.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

I use a custom Dell computer with a custom button.

easy_button.jpg

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12