Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RGB Amplifier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RGB Amplifier

OK, here is a schematic created using a very old version of Orcad, and is here for discussion purposes only at the moment. I was too lazy to modify the libraries to incorporate some of the desired components, so I used the closest ones that I could find.

Although this schematic shows the MOSFETs as an IRF130, the part that you have selected is entirely appropriate, and I have used that part in the past. I'm not yet sure if the pcb17 opto (or the 4N35 that I show) is fast enough for this application, and I'll have to think about it. The main purpose of the schematic that I have attached is to make sure that we are on the same page, not that all of the details are good yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I think that either the pc817 or 4N35 parts will be fast enough. You might want to look at the ltv817 (or maybe the ltv847) if you want to go the pc817 route, they're very similar. But in any case, you should follow Martin's advice and look at the base pulse frequencies from your controller. The speed of the previously described circuit would be inadequate if that frequency is significantly higher than 100 Hz or so.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

The optocouplers I chose are the same ones used on dirks renstick. The renstick will be the main controller.

Post Thanks / Like

OK. Good luck with your project.
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12