Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: E682 vs e6804

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default E682 vs e6804

    Needing advice
    Curious as to any major difference between the two . I tried to read up but I donít understand the language . Hoping someone could dumb it down for me . Or recommend based on experience.
    6804 is newer version from what I gather and can control more lights if Iím interpreting it correctly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Winter Haven Florida
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    the 682 is a 16 port controller E682-Measured-250x250.jpg where as the 6804 is only 4 ports E6804-Measured-250x250.jpg
    James WinterHaven Fl

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    the 682 is a 16 port controller E682-Measured-250x250.jpg where as the 6804 is only 4 ports E6804-Measured-250x250.jpg
    Thank you guess thatís why itís cheaper


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bloomingdale Ga
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    I believe they both have the same processor. They control the same amount of pixels just 4 ports on one and 16 on the other one. That's my understanding, could be wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    2,022
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    You can also change the network resistors on the 682 for longer runs. Also, the 6804 uses 5-12 volts and the 682 uses 5-24 volts. Both will power 2040 pixels total using unicast and 1,190 pixels multicast. The 682 can also be powered by 2 different power supplies which will allow you to control 5 and 12 volt pixels at the same time.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 07-31-2019 at 11:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX (near Katy)
    Posts
    957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    You can also change the network resistors on the 682 for longer runs. Also, the 6804 uses 5-12 volts and the 682 uses 5-24 volts. Both will power 2040 pixels total using unicast and 1,190 pixels multicast. The 682 can also be powered by 2 different power supplies which will allow you to control 5 and 12 volt pixels at the same time.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    +1
    Plus, each of the four banks on the e682 can be configured for different type pixels, and, each of the ports can be configured for a specific number of pixels (back some time ago, each of the four ports on a bank were configured for the same number of pixels).
    If you can put one together yourself, I would go with the e682. I run three of them in my show.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    +1
    Plus, each of the four banks on the e682 can be configured for different type pixels, and, each of the ports can be configured for a specific number of pixels (back some time ago, each of the four ports on a bank were configured for the same number of pixels).
    If you can put one together yourself, I would go with the e682. I run three of them in my show.
    Yea I think I will start with e682 , still more reading and learning todo for all the set up yet ... thank you !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    Would like to find out if I can ADD this type controller w/pixels to my existing ac led string light 96 channel set up or would it all need to be just pixels w all same controllers . Using vixen3with2 arduino mega 2560 currently with the sainsmart ssr


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bloomingdale Ga
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    I can't answer about the arduino but I don't see why not. I have 3 E682's myself. Got 1 the first year and and 2 more the next year (kits). I use Renard Plus to run my ac lights and they start off of my last E682. You can set a group up to run Renard or DMX. I love mine and built them all myself.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lizella, GA
    Posts
    1,359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: E682 vs e6804

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Would like to find out if I can ADD this type controller w/pixels to my existing ac led string light 96 channel set up or would it all need to be just pixels w all same controllers . Using vixen3with2 arduino mega 2560 currently with the sainsmart ssr


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure no problems doing that, just add a E1.31 controller to your current display setup in Vixen3 for the E682
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •