Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keithsw1111 or Anyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keithsw1111 or Anyone

I added 7 new props and 3000 pixels to my show. When I am sequencing a 4 minute song it keeps "not responding" and takes 3 and half minutes to come back for me to continue.
    I have 6 gigs of memory and a 3.0 AMD 8 processor. The task manager said I am using 28.3 memory and 1,887mb on Xlights.
    When I upgraded to 2019.35 and checked the box to suspend rendering that didn't help.
    Do you have any suggestions for me to try, like do I need to buy more memory?
    I switched back to 2019.16 and now when I start XLIGHTS it gives me a error message that reads

xml parsing error:
    "unclosed token"
    at line 29215

Even if I just move the bar back and forth It still takes 3 minutes to come back for me to continue.
    Thank for any help as I am stumped and frustrated to say the least.
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Keithsw1111 or Anyone

have you tried posting the question on the xlights facebook group?

Post Thanks / Like

Id need to see the files.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keithsw1111 View Post
    Id need to see the files.
    Keith I bought 16 gigs of ram as two people thought that with so many pixels I did not have enough memory. it arrives tomorrow and I will put it in.
    They also upgraded me to the newest Xlights version 2019.35 which got rid of that error message.

I did notice that the program will respond faster with the 2 minute song with an average of 2 minutes wait time and the 4 minute song will take about 3+ minutes to recover. It also takes 6+ minutes to save the song.
    Thanks for the reply, and I will write tomorrow night after I get my new memory installed.
    Thank you
    John

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    Are you maintaining the files on your local computer, or on a remote - such as DropBox, GoogleDrive, or even a Network Attached Storage unit?
    This is not to point you in this direction to look, but to see if we have a common setup.
    Al

BTW - A lot of the folks that take care of this stuff are traveling back from Florida, and the Expo. I understand Keith was there and may have a bit of a commute to get home "down under". (That is unless you are still with us, Keith. )
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

windows programs in general are memory pigs. a windows pc needs a minimum of 8gb to run ok. i have 32gb and vixen is now nice and quick.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I now have 16 gigs of memory and it still will not work right. When I hit one prop all the props pulsate on and off very quickly. I know this is not normal. What would happen if I delete the key binding file completely as one member suggested.
    Thanks to all for trying to help this 77 year old.
    John

edit I just deleted the key binding file and it did ot work. When I click on one prop all the props pulsate on and off very fast.
    Last edited by oldandslow; 07-24-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, with the help from the folks in the Zoom room it was determined that when I added the 3000 more pixels to my show, the file is to large and that is why it keeps "not responding"
    Don't know what I'm going to do now because if I just copy and paste a 2 second effect it will take about 3 minutes to come back and about 6 minutes to save and render.
    My only hope it that they fix this in a update.
    Thanks to all for the input. If you are having a problem use the check sequence tool for some answers.
    John

Post Thanks / Like

You can try Vixen or xLights. I have 14,000 pixels in my show (Vixen) and it works fine. There are many people using Vixen and xLights that are reporting huge shows with no such issues.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Oldandslow, what version of Windows are you using? If it's a 32-bit version, you'll never be able to use all that memory. You need a 64bit version of Windows to access all those extra gigs of memory. 32-bit versions of Windows can't use more than 4gb.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast