Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PixelBulb Mounting Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PixelBulb Mounting Options

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    I have clips similar to that but I used them in the past for dumb icicle lights for the past 5 years. I would need to replace them through because they are starting to break when putting them up and taking them down. Do you have a problem with them not being or not looking perfectly straight? The only reason I ask that is because when I use them for the icicles over time I would lose tension on the clips & the strands of lights. The strands would sag a little but and after a few weeks it never looked as good as the day they were put up. This could have just been me being very particular about it but it would drive me crazy. I would fix it on the nice days when the roof wasn't wet. I have 2 areas that have gutters on the front. they are 108 pixels at 4" apart, and 40 pixels at 4" on the second gutter run. Once those are clips onto the bulbs it would be really easy for me to hook them on my gutters because I can access from above out of the 2nd story window rather than using a ladder.
    I have not had any issues with the alignment. In fact, I am pleased with the way they hold up, even in the Houston weather.

Quote Originally Posted by TSL View Post
    I used those for years. They worked fine but in the cold when taking them down they broke a lot. I would buy them at my local Home Depot after Xmas for .75 a box. Had 5 gallon pails of them. The pvc mounting is so fast and easy to put up and take down and it keeps all the lights in line. I have a rack built that hangs down from the ceiling to store the PVC mounted lights. All the PVC is labeled to where they go. I can outline the house in less than 1/2 the time it took to do the individual clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 on the Home Depot sale. I have a lifetime supply. I do not have an issue with them breaking, only stretching where they adhere to the pixabulb. They generally get thrown out after two or three years of use. A small price to pay when you get 100 for 1.00.
    I would like to see a pic of your PVC set up.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Curiosity only --- Any negative effects of a magnet being that close to the controller chip? Any effects on the chip itself, or on the digital signals going in and out of it?
    I did some testing and did not find the magnet had any influence on the pixel or data stream. Care would be needed during handling and storage.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
    Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s what I made to hold onto the gutter mounting straps. They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234