Thread: PixelBulb Mounting Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PixelBulb Mounting Options

Stupid spell check Lexan clips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TSL View Post
    Al, I have the Lexington clips from ďthat other companyĒ. Was it an issue with the clips you had or something unrelated to the clips? Just wondering if I need to keep an eye on the clips. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Simply, it is business practices.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I am mounting my Pixabulbs onto 1/2" PVC using zip-ties. The PVC will be mounted under the gutters using screw-in 'J' hooks that you can buy at HD or Lowes and the hook part is big enough that the PVC just easily snaps/settles into place. I'm doing the same thing around the upstairs window frame. Around my garage door trim, and on the porch trim, I'm cutting1/2" PVC couplers with a Dremel and making the couplers into a clip, which will be screwed into the trim.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Boscoyo strips wired tied to grey pvc. I started with white pvc but like the grey better. I also used the lexan clips on the fascia and the gutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K-State Fan View Post
    I used the Boscoyo strips wired tied to grey pvc. I started with white pvc but like the grey better. I also used the lexan clips on the fascia and the gutters.
    Do you think if you get a chance you could send me a picture of these Lexan clips or a link to what they look like? I am not sure what they look like but do they screw on or clip on? If they screw into the fascia then how do (did) you attach to the gutters.

Post Thanks / Like

i use these 3D printed clips20190326_124125.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    Do you think if you get a chance you could send me a picture of these Lexan clips or a link to what they look like? I am not sure what they look like but do they screw on or clip on? If they screw into the fascia then how do (did) you attach to the gutters.
    If K state canít get to his mine are readily available. Although it wonít be till Sunday I can take a pic and send it off to you

Post Thanks / Like

If K state can’t get to his mine are readily available. Although it won’t be till Sunday I can take a pic and send it off to you

Thank You! Is there another company (website) that sells a similar clip? Like I said I am exploring all options. Do you guys that screw the clips into the fascia or window frames do you guys silicon around the screws to minimize the chance of rain/snow seeping into the screw holes?

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Coro has the Lexan clips. Those are the ones I have. I screwed them to the fascia with stainless steel screws, I have white aluminum fascia and didnít want rust streaks. I put a shot of silicone on the back of the clip and screwed them in. I ordered extras in case any break since I take mine down in January no matter if itís +20 or -20.

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Coro has the Lexan clips. Those are the ones I have. I screwed them to the fascia with stainless steel screws, I have white aluminum fascia and didn’t want rust streaks. I put a shot of silicone on the back of the clip and screwed them in. I ordered extras in case any break since I take mine down in January no matter if it’s +20 or -20.

Those clips look like a good option, I was watching YouTube on how to make clips with 3/4” but that would take the work out of it to allow me to focus on other parts. How do you mount the 1/2” PVC to the gutters? Sorry if I sound like a broken record. That is my biggest concern on how to mount on the gutters, I’ve been considering a 3D printer just to print those gutter clips that were posted on Here a couple years ago.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast