Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PixelBulb Mounting Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default PixelBulb Mounting Options

I am curious how the people here mount their PixelBulbs (diyledexpress) to their house? I will have them around my Windows, Roofline with gutters, and the roofline without gutters. I seen that Boscoyo mounting strips that the bulbs can pop through just not sure how I would mount them to the gutters or the roofline. So I just curious how you guys here that use PixelBulbs mount them to their house. I thought about mounting them to PVC pipes but then I not sure how to mount the PVC to the gutters and/or window frames & non-guttered roof lines. Thank you anyone for your input. I am just waiting my order to arrive, excited to get started for my first year with a show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PixelBulb Mounting Options

We have the following.

Pixabulbs are mounted in the Boscoyo strips push through holes.
    Strips are attached to 1/2" conduit (zip tied).
    There are 1/2" conduit clamps mounted to the house every x-number of feet.
    The conduit snaps into the clamps.

What makes this great is that the clamps stay up year round. The conduit pops in and out fairly easy.
    Clear clamps are good to work with, and are not noticed when lights aren't present. I don't have any clamps that have been painted in place, but others have.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    We have the following.

Pixabulbs are mounted in the Boscoyo strips push through holes.
    Strips are attached to 1/2" conduit (zip tied).
    There are 1/2" conduit clamps mounted to the house every x-number of feet.
    The conduit snaps into the clamps.

What makes this great is that the clamps stay up year round. The conduit pops in and out fairly easy.
    Clear clamps are good to work with, and are not noticed when lights aren't present. I don't have any clamps that have been painted in place, but others have.
    How do you mount the clamps to the gutters? Also do you just screw them into the wood frame of the window and the fascia board of the roof line? Also where do you get those clamps a box hardware store?

Post Thanks / Like

The clamps up on the dormers, and anywhere else there is a hard surface, are screwed in (with appropriate sealing).

In those areas where there are gutters, instead of the clamp we have a gutter clip attached to the conduit at appropriate distances. They clip directly onto the gutters when in use.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Pixabulbs in Boscoyo strips, zip tied to 1/2" PVC, mounted to gutters and shingles with 3d printed clips.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

The clamps up on the dormers, and anywhere else there is a hard surface, are screwed in (with appropriate sealing).

In those areas where there are gutters, instead of the clamp we have a gutter clip attached to the conduit at appropriate distances. They clip directly onto the gutters when in use.
    Do you use plastic pvc (grey) outdoor conduit, or do you use metal conduit? If you would, could you post a link(s) for the clips/clamps that you use. I like the idea of have the clips up to make tear down & put up not so tedious for the next year. I canÂ’t image the number of light to do the house online & windows would change next year or the following years. Just the items added would be the only changes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    Pixabulbs in Boscoyo strips, zip tied to 1/2" PVC, mounted to gutters and shingles with 3d printed clips.

Do you print your own clips or did you buy them from someone? I am looking at all options for ease of installation because I have one area that is not easy to reach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    Do you print your own clips or did you buy them from someone? I am looking at all options for ease of installation because I have one area that is not easy to reach
    Print my own, I did not design them though, found them on thingiverse.

2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    Do you use plastic pvc (grey) outdoor conduit, or do you use metal conduit? If you would, could you post a link(s) for the clips/clamps that you use.
    The original clips are made of Lexan and were purchased from a company that I will no longer do business with-nor will I send anyone to them. I'm pretty sure that someone up here will speak up about an alternative source.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

The original clips are made of Lexan and were purchased from a company that I will no longer do business with-nor will I send anyone to them. I'm pretty sure that someone up here will speak up about an alternative source.
    Al, I have the Lexington clips from “that other company”. Was it an issue with the clips you had or something unrelated to the clips? Just wondering if I need to keep an eye on the clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast