Thread: DIY LED Express Power Supply Breakout Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY LED Express Power Supply Breakout Board

Is anyone using the DIY LED Express Power Supply Breakout Board? Does it work with your DPS-1200FB-1 A | HSTNS-PD19?

I think the 1K resistor is too much resistance for it. Actually, the board shows 1K Ohms but the resistor on mine is 1K8 Ohms. Jumped with a 1K Ohm resistor in parallel for 643 Ohms with no luck. I did some testing and the DPS-1200FB will turn on somewhat consistently with a 470 Ohm resistor but turns on 100% of the time with a 330 Ohm resistor. Looks like I may need to change out the resistor. I dropped a request with support. Still waiting on a response.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIY LED Express Power Supply Breakout Board

So i replaced the 1K8 Ohm resistor with a 330 Ohm resistor and the DPS-1200FB powers up no problem now. Just for fun, I tried 1K Ohm and 470 Ohm resistors first with no luck.

I looked over the breakout boards I used with my mining rigs and they don't have resistors. They either have a switch only to bridge pins 33 and 36 or pins 33 and 36 are just connected via a trace on the PCB. I didn't use them because the don't have built-in fuses and don't have screw terminals. I want to minimize hardware used.