Thread: Software advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Software advice

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but a longtime Christmas fanatic. I go more for the Griswold style vs. lights synced to music. My house is solid warm white LEDs of varies sizes. It typically takes me upwards of 60 hours to set it all up every year and my house is only 1,700 sq ft with a small yard. Every year I get better at installing and finding more efficient ways to install. This off season, I would like to find some software that can help me build work instructions so that I can document how the lights should go up each year. I hate trying to figure out what I did in previous years from memory or a full house picture. I have spent time looking at different Christmas Light software and it all looks like it is more designed for programming vs. documentation or even design. Before I start this project in MS Power Point, I thought I should find some like minded people and ask for advice.

What software would you recommend to create work instructions on how to setup lights each year?

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to being part of this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Software advice

Have you thought about video recording and narrating your procedures as you go ? Phones are quite powerful tools for these types of things .

Just a thought !

Post Thanks / Like

To document my ferris wheel setup, I used my GoPro to take pics every minute. Then I dropped them into editor and created movie with voice over.

Post Thanks / Like

I had not thought about video documentation. I am going to think about that, it might be a good compliment to the instructions that are printed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk