Thread: Assortment of Long Range Boards for HinksPix PRO Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Assortment of Long Range Boards for HinksPix PRO Controller

My HinksPix PRO Controller has the capability to drive 48 Ports (SPI or Differential) - Maximum of 680 pixels on any one Port - total of 24,480 pixels in total (divided among the 48 ports).

The HinksPix PRO can drive a combination of 3 Flex driver boards from HolidayCoro - SPI or Long Range.

The SPI board supports 16 SPI ports.

The Long Range board supports 4 RJ45 Cat 5 cable connectors - each cable carrying data for 4 ports - so a total of 16 differential ports.

I'm pleased to share 4 Long Range (Differential) output boards that the HinksPix PRO supports in 2020.

#1. Long Range Smart Receiver - 4 SPI outputs: (Shipped to customers in 2020). This board supports 4 SPI outputs coming from a single Long Range CAT5 cable. The board has a DIP switch that allows the customer to select 16 possible board IDs. A Single Long Range CAT5 cable can drive up to 16 of these smart Receiver boards. The distance between each boards can be greater than 200 ft (I tested 4 receivers that were connected with 200ft of CAT5 cable between each one with the last receiver being 800 ft from the HinksPix PRO controller). Each Smart Receiver board has one (1) RJ45 INPUTs and two (2) RJ45 OUTPUTs. Each output is actively driven (RS422) so the maximun length between boards could approach 500 ft or more. The two (2) CAT5 differential outputs provide a "Y" output - not just a "daisy-chain" output - so a single CAT5 from the HinksPix PRO controller can drive a "TREE" output structure. The board is "Field Programmable" in case a future firmware update is required.

#2. Long Range Smart Receiver - 16 AC outputs: This board supports the SAME "one IN - two OUT - Y" differential capability. It also has a dip switch so it can be selected as one of the 16 possible boards on a single CAT5 cable. The board consumes six (6) pixels from one of the 4 data stream on the CAT5 cable and converts them to 16 AC channels. The board is "Field Programmable" in case a future firmware update is required. Prototype boards were delivered in 2019 and are in the final stages of testing.

#3. Long Range Smart Receiver - 16 SPI outputs: Same capabilities as #1 (Long Range Smart Receiver - 4 SPI outputs) - can be one of the 16 boards on a single CAT5 line. Think about having multiple 16 string Mega Tress - all driven from a single long range CAT5 line. Prototype are currently being built for this board. The board is "Field Programmable" in case a future firmware update is required.

Please note - The three (3) boards outlined above can all exists on the SAME Long Range CAT5 line at the same time.

#4. Long Range Smart Receiver - 64 x 64 Matrix panel - think multiple P10 or P20 panels - all driven from a single Long Range Cat5 line. The board is "Field Programmable" in case a future firmware update is required.

I just wanted to share what Long Range boards are going to be supported by the HinksPix PRO controller in 2020. I believe the addition of these boards will reduce the total cost of a display/show and greatly improve the wiring associated wit it.

Updated 2/7/20

Here is a picture of my Long Range Smart 4 Port SPI receiver - a single Cat5 can drive 16 of these boards.

Small SPI4.jpg

Here is a picture of my Long Range Smart 16 Channel AC Receiver.

AC Small.jpg

Here is a Video that explains my Long Range Smart Technology:

Here is a video that shows how a LR Smart 4 SPI port receiver is programmed via the HinksPix PRO controller's Web Pages

Enjoy.

Joe
    Last edited by JHinkle; 02-07-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added Pictures and Videos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Assortment of Long Range Boards for HinksPix PRO Controller

Very Nice Joe!
    Great additions to round out the HinksPix family.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, did I see correctly on HC that your controllers have DDP capabilities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they do.

Post Thanks / Like

can you run a setup like this. port 1 on long range board non Smart Receiver. port 2 Smart Receiver to Smart Receiver port 3 non smart receiver?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asis85 View Post
    can you run a setup like this. port 1 on long range board non Smart Receiver. port 2 Smart Receiver to Smart Receiver port 3 non smart receiver?
    Sorry for the delay is responding - I was traveling.

Please clarify your question. I'm having a problem visualizing the setup/wiring you are asking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you run smart and not smart receivers on the same long range board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asis1985 View Post
    Can you run smart and not smart receivers on the same long range board.
    YES.

Any Dumb receiver attached to a smart receiver will receive and display any data on the 4 data streams available to it.

Update:

Just to clarify. All Differential receivers, dumb or smart, are in parallel. They all receive the same data. The dumb receiver will process/display all the data while the smart receivers will only process/display that data which it is programmed to process.
    Last edited by JHinkle; 03-04-2020 at 03:27 PM.