Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vixen crashes when importing xModel... What am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen crashes when importing xModel... What am I missing?

I had the same problem with importing models.
    The fix for me was to delete the subgroups of the xlights model and then export the model. Vixen doesn't like sub models from xlights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated! I'm really struggling over here.

Update#2:
    I went in to xLights (sort of begrudgingly as my show is in Vixen) and I edited the model data and edited the faces adding the extra pixel where appriotiate. However; as mentioned, Vixen doesn't like Xlights files. So when I attempted to import it, Vixen immediately shut down. I also looked for a sub-model in the layout under custom (as previously mentioned), but it doesn't have anything in the sub-model. It's blank with only the options to Add, Generate or Import. Unless I'm missing something, which is completely plausible as I'm more accustom to Vixen.

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm assuming there is no way to edit props/xModel in Vixen. Is that accurate?

Thanks again for the help. It's tough finding answers for Vixen. I can’t seem to find a solid video for setting up pixel singing character elements in Vixen that actually goes through the entire process. Most either start mid-way through as if you’ve done this before or are old and for incandescents.

Post Thanks / Like

Which xLights models are you trying to import?
    I use both xLights and Vixen in my show. I'll try it and see what is going on.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Id suggest creating a ticket on bugs.vixenlights.com and attach the problem file and a description of the problem. Im sure Jeff will want to see exactly whats going on and likely try to make a fix to accommodate for that sort of situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Done. Ticket created- VIX-2778

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the 3 that Nick uploaded and those all import for me without any changes. The ticket does not have the problem files attached, so if I could get those if possible so I can see what might be wrong. I have been working on the vendor browser for Vixen and I have been importing several of them lately and I have not run across any that would not import yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, thanks for checking into this so quickly.
    I will say that the ones Nick provided were pulled directly from James website, not from Xlights.

The ticket was opened specifically for importing Xlights xmodels. Did we search for the models in Xlights, then to export them and attempt then import them to Vixen?

-Kevin
    Aka Krampus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I spent some time last night going through a lot more of the models James has out there and I did end up finding the Baby Shark one that crashed Vixen with a similar error log to what you included in the ticket. I found the parsing error that was causing that and I have a fix for it. I found one other permutation in another model in how the ranges in the submodels can appear that I had not accounted for and also fixed it. I will probably have those fixes in a development build soon, and they will make the upcoming full release.

Post Thanks / Like

I had problems with the Gilbert Engineering models.
    Flake 139
    Spin reel
    I for got which one crash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The fixes for this are in the latest development build. I imported a bunch of the Gilbert models as well under the fix and they all imported.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12