Thread: Mini Spiral Trees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini Spiral Trees

I have 15 2 foot tall mini trees that are going to get wrapped in pixels. Probably one single strand, 100 count, but several (8 or 9) turns around the trees.
    Are there any special settings that you could suggest to model them in Vixen?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mini Spiral Trees

I just made an approximation of them using the string drawing tool making a zig zag in a small tree shape.

Then I adjusted the lights per segment to roughly approximate the pixels on each section.

By no means perfect, but I think it works pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

I modeled my spiral trees as straight vertical lines

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks. I'll try each of that.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - I have a work-a-round, but it is based on the fact that we do sequencing in both Vixen and xLights. Read - not for everyone.

xLights has the ability to create a tree using a single strand of lights, then spiraling that strand around the frame as many times as you desire. I have created that tree for my xLights using folks, then exported it to an xModel. Using the prop editor, I have brought it into Vixen. Once converted to a Vixen "prop", then I can Import the prop. It works great! My preview configuration (and therefore pixel placement) is identical in both sequencers.

The only thing I'm working on now is how to get the prop's Linked Element names to be what I want them to be. That is first on today's list of things to do.
    Live, Laugh, Love.