Thread: Does anyone know why there is server error for xlights when I submit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know why there is server error for xlights when I submit

Hello I cant seem to submit help questions for xlights. My problem is when I add a second controller it seems to be added to my mega tree and it sends the same sequnce to the outlune controller which is a completely different controller and Ip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone know why there is server error for xlights when I submit

Quote Originally Posted by Tonycott View Post
    Hello I cant seem to submit help questions for xlights. My problem is when I add a second controller it seems to be added to my mega tree and it sends the same sequnce to the outlune controller which is a completely different controller and Ip

You will probably get a response here, but you can also go to the XLights website or Facebook page for assistance.
    Last edited by TomL8345; 06-27-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone know why there is server error for xlights when I submit

I donít understand the question. Maybe if you posted screen grabs of your setup and layout screen with model properties

Post Thanks / Like

I re-worked everything in xlights I think I may have figured it out. Xlights crashed about an hour ago and wiped out all my setup info and layout stuff im not sure what happened, but I re-entered my model stuff mega tree and model outline and I think it may be working without having the outline flashing the data being sent from the mega tree controller.

Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keithsw1111 View Post
    I donít understand the question. Maybe if you posted screen grabs of your setup and layout screen with model properties
    Here are some pics I got something messed up I think that I just dont understand how to get the the xlights setup stuff right once I added the Falcon F4 v2 controller to my Falcon F16 V3 Mega Tree controller. Once things got past like 96 universes im lost. But I think that my Rasberry Pi 3 may be sending the data to my Falcon F4V3 controller but im not getting anything in the way of bytes of data. i have sent some pics the first 96 universes will not appear in xlights it my mega tree controller

Post Thanks / Like

I can run the xlights test and my Falcon F4 seems to get the data there, I wonder if it could be my Rasberry pi 3 not setup correctly in the channel output tab. Help im stumped and a noob still. Some better pics of the FPP

Post Thanks / Like

xlights can upload to fpp and your falcon controllers assuming you set up xlights to represent your setup. If I was in your shoes , I would work on the xlights side and use the upload. especially with your definitions that is a lot of channels to keep track off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    xlights can upload to fpp and your falcon controllers assuming you set up xlights to represent your setup. If I was in your shoes , I would work on the xlights side and use the upload. especially with your definitions that is a lot of channels to keep track off.
    I figured it out it was some channels were not following the 512 setting somehow and it had implied some incorrect start channels from the my Falcon F4 controller, it has also implied incorrect start channels for my FFP Ras Pi. Xlights will not upload my settings it always fails when I try to send my setup to my Ras Pi it will fail 2 times then upload the sequence but will not upload my setup. The newer versions of xlights hates me it crashes everytime I open up a sequence . So I use the older version of xlights and it works everytime. Thanks to all
    Im still a noob but starting to learn a little more with every model and sequence.

Post Thanks / Like

Why use the 512 channel setting when you could be using 510?

512 / 3 = 170.66666666667
    510 / 3 = 170

170 nodes per Universe, make it a whole number instead of a decimal number.

Save your old settings first before changing the universe numbers and saving new settings in both places please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BizeekDIY View Post
    Why use the 512 channel setting when you could be using 510?

512 / 3 = 170.66666666667
    510 / 3 = 170

170 nodes per Universe, make it a whole number instead of a decimal number.

Save your old settings first before changing the universe numbers and saving new settings in both places please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I fugured it out and it was a FPP setup to send data to incorrect channels was the problem