Thread: Help with pixel controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with pixel controller

I have a e1.31 bridge from diyledexpress and I am getting in to pixel leds and I am looking for a controller to work with my bridge. I have a Renard ac board do they have a board for pixel? Thinking maybe building a arch or pixel tree or some other prop.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with pixel controller

DIYLEDEXPRESS sells a pixel extender for the bridge.
    I use 2 of them in my show and they work great.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

you don't have to run the pixel controller off the bridge you can run it right off a router or switch or you can get some px1s which work like the renard controllers do but you are limited to how many pixel the little px1 can run think it is 200 pixels or stated above other things are out there also but I would go for a real pixel controller and run a cable from your router to the board
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

PX1 controls 200 pixels using the renard protocol. Max two PX1s per serial port.

I also suggest you go for a more capable controller. A PX1 can drive an arch or two. A mega tree will have 1000 pixels. That is 5 PX1s. At that point it is worth the more capable controller.

The E1.31 bridge can be used as a bare bones controller but is limited in the number of pixels you will be able to control.

PERSONAL OPINION: In your research, you will encounter the AlphaPix. It works fine. I will not purchase one. IMO it is a (marginal) copy of the Falcon F16 series of controllers. I prefer to support the original author instead of someone that may have taken the easy way to a product release.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q