Thread: Tm1914

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tm1914

Hi,
    someone try to code an Arduino library for TM1914 (TitanMicro) IC?

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tm1914

Try code for the WS281x (ws2811/ws2812/etc.) and see if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

It cannot work because the signal is inverted and the TM1914 needs to receive the Mode Setting signal (6 bytes). I try to code and I got it work for a while then the leds switch off. I don't know why.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, looking quickly I couldn’t find a data sheet in English. I haven’t worked with these but it appears they may function in a similar fashion to the TLS3001’s, they have to be sent data to instruct them to number up when first powered. I found with TLS3001's that they could brown out particularly during full white, lose their position data and go dark. To get round this I sent the start-up sequence every second to minimise the chances them going dark for more than a second, this may also fix your issue.
    Last edited by Barnabybear; 05-24-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabybear View Post
    Hi, looking quickly I couldnít find a data sheet in English. I havenít worked with these but it appears they may function in a similar fashion to the TLS3001ís, they have to be sent data to instruct them to number up when first powered. I found with TLS3001's that they could brown out particularly during full white, lose their position data and go dark. To get round this I sent the start-up sequence every second to minimise the chances them going dark for more than a second, this may also fix your issue.
    Hi Barnabybear. Attached the english version of datasheet. Anyway the first 6 bytes are for mode setting. I choose DIN mode so the bytes must be 0xFF 0xFF 0xFA 0x00 0x00 0x05
    Then 3 bytes for each pixel and then reset signal (high level for more then 200uS)

M
    Attached Files Attached Files