Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow....all I can say is Wow.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow....all I can say is Wow.

I can't believe someone would do this to the group that has contributed so much to the hobby and ask so little in return just for a quick buck.
    I know this is the result of the hobby exploding the way it has over the past couple years and everyone wanting to "cash in" to make a quick buck, but anyone who is true to the hobby and respects the hard work others have contributed with little or no compensation needs to step up and ensure they spend their money wisely. Saving a few bucks at the expense of isolating and possibly driving away those who have given so freely is just wrong.
    fpp.PNG
    Taken from the Xlights official Support page on facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/xLig...m-sDXUwsuVQ9vE
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wow....all I can say is Wow.

Terrible!
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the almighhty $$$ strikes again!!!
    [B]"Tory Street Lights", Nelson, NZ[/B]
    [B]2013 - "Honourable Mention"[/B] - 2013 Local Christmas Lighting Competition
    [B]2013 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 650 Channels, 45,000+ lights. 7,000 or so LED's this year:-)
    ----------------------------------------------
    [B]"Lucky Home" [/B]- 2012 Local Christmas Lighting Competition
    [B]2012 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 550 Channels, 40,000+ lights. 2,500 or so LED's for the first time :-)
    -----------------------------------------------
    [B]2011:-[/B] 7 x Ren 64XC's - 384 Channels, 30,000+ lights - all incandescents! 2 x Commercial LED Panels (72x7)!
    ------------------------------------------------
    [B]"Supreme Winner for 2010" [/B]Local Christmas Lighting Competition, 4 x Ren 64's - 256 Channels Controlled by Vixen - "Brilliant" :-)
    18,000 to 20,000 Lights - all incandescents! 2 x LedTricks Panels with "Pix C" interface's
    [B]2009:- [/B]128 Channels of "Hill 320", 4,000 Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Does not surprise me at all

Post Thanks / Like

I knew from Jeremy's attitude that he has no respect for the work that others have done. He wants to make money from lighting enthusiasts without learning how to write the software or design the hardware. It's him in particular that made me to decide to not share the wireless Renard Controller (based on the ESP32) I just finished. I don't mind sharing my work with people who run light shows but I won't let someone use me to make a profit.

A couple of days ago I received 1 of Dan's Pocket Beagle F8-PB and 2 of his Beaglebone F8-B+ controllers. The quality is excellent and I was impressed by the layout and the effort he put into their design. I would highly recommend supporting the designers and developers who create original products over anyone who copies or clones them for a quick buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcamron View Post
    . It's him in particular that made me to decide to not share the wireless Renard Controller (based on the ESP32) I just finished.
    No one wants whatever boards you have dude, give it up and stop talking about whatever it is you have/are making.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    No one wants whatever boards you have dude, give it up and stop talking about whatever it is you have/are making.
    Why should he ? The forum is open to all is it not ?
    I like the fact he is pushing forward the esp32 . If he offers a sale , I will probably order a couple of them .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Why should he ? The forum is open to all is it not ?
    I like the fact he is pushing forward the esp32 . If he offers a sale , I will probably order a couple of them .
    Because no one has or wants to steal his board like the guy has been blabbing about for over a month. He can sell whatever he wants for all I care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    Because no one has or wants to steal his board like the guy has been blabbing about for over a month. He can sell whatever he wants for all I care.
    Care and respect . These tend to be in short supply everywhere these days .Though I would never consider stealing anything , I have in the past lost sight of these two valued traits .
    Unfortunately it appears that you have fallen victim to losing sight of both as well .
    I have been working on righting my wrongs by being more self aware and trying to keep them front and center .
    Certainly there are many Renard folks interested in what this fine fellow has to offer as he is forging a new path with plenty of potential .
    I hope he keeps pushing forward and good things come of it !

Post Thanks / Like

UGH.

How I hate to see this. Anything that stifles creativity is bad.
    I just hope no one buys anything from him.
    Its interesting what I've also seen in the pixel stick arena.
    I post all of my design info in the DIYC wiki and answer numerous questions of folks who want to create their own versions.
    THAT is the way this hobby has moved on. NOT by stealing. If something is forked and no value add is there, what a waste.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast