Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake Snow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fake Snow?

craiz, if you have any documents on this 'top off system', I for one would be very interested.

Edit: Now knowing the term "auto top off", there are quite a few devices out there. Thank for pointing us in the right direction.
    Last edited by algerdes; 05-16-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    craiz, if you have any documents on this 'top off system', I for one would be very interested.

Edit: Now knowing the term "auto top off", there are quite a few devices out there. Thank for pointing us in the right direction.
    The one I have is an older but similar version of this one: https://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Os...FIDPAT-vi.html

www.marinedepot.com and www.bulkreefsupply.com are places I shopped at often for aquarium equipment (my previous hobby currently on hold after a complete tank crash and die off about 9 years ago). The kinds of pumps normally used for aquarium top off systems are designed to only have a few feet of head length/pressure. In order to have a setup with a large reservoir at ground level and snow machine up 15-20 feet you may need a different kind of pump designed for this. Most aquarium pumps designed for high head pressure are also designed to move a high volume of water. Would need some experimentation as even a small low pressure pump may work since it doesn't need to move very much volume.

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

The float switch idea is one I hadn't thought of. Thanks for all the advice.
    In my mind I have 3 machines on the roof and they would spray during a specific song but also be able to spray remotely whenever I wanted. Its going to take some engineering on my part to figure out several things like:
    How long does a single tank of fluid last?
    What is the fluid freezing point?
    What voltage does it take to trigger the machine? And can I either step down or step up the voltage from my input controller to accommodate the machine.

Then building platforms for the machines to sit on, trying to keep them as covered from the elements as possible and figure out the amps required for three.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Protege94 View Post
    The float switch idea is one I hadn't thought of. Thanks for all the advice.
    In my mind I have 3 machines on the roof and they would spray during a specific song but also be able to spray remotely whenever I wanted. Its going to take some engineering on my part to figure out several things like:
    How long does a single tank of fluid last?
    What is the fluid freezing point?
    What voltage does it take to trigger the machine? And can I either step down or step up the voltage from my input controller to accommodate the machine.

Then building platforms for the machines to sit on, trying to keep them as covered from the elements as possible and figure out the amps required for three.
    Yup, that should about cover getting started. Keeping the reservoir tanks filled will be the easy part.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12