Thread: Coro source/alternatives (specifically in the UK, but all opinions welcome :) )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coro source/alternatives (specifically in the UK, but all opinions welcome :) )

I'm trying to put some props together, but coro here in the UK seems pretty expensive compared to some other markets - It's mostly branded Correx here... I've got a local print shop that'll sell me 8x4 sheets of 4mm for 12 (~$16) each, but I can't find 10mm for less than 40 a sheet (~$55), and that's only in packs of 5 sheets (and I'm not sure I really want that much ) I'm currently considering building with 4mm and supplementing with wooden frames on the back if I need to - Is that a reasonable idea?

So - Anyone got any better sources?

Alternatively, are there other materials that would be suitable substitute? Considered plywood, etc, but I'm concerned I may not waterproof it hard enough - Is it difficult to do effectively?

Thanks for reading this far - I'm attempting to get started here, and wishing I had easy access to Boscoyo shipping ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Coro source/alternatives (specifically in the UK, but all opinions welcome :) )

Found a local sign company that use corex in the UK, they are keeping off cuts for me. Offcuts to them are big sheets to me, 3’ square is not an offcut normally. They have 4mm mostly so I was wondering if anyone has laminated it before?