Thread: Custom Prop Editor set up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom Prop Editor set up

I have been playing around with the Custom Prop Editor in Vixen 3.5. I made a prop. The prop is a face and I am not using pixels just Christmas lights. I added my light to the prop editor but can't see how to make them work as one element instead of 73 individual lights.

Thanks
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Custom Prop Editor set up

In the preview you just have to map all 73 lights to the same output, or if you have several outputs (eyes, lips...) then all the lights for each feather to the appropriate output. It would be nice to be able to select several individual lights and say "Create String".
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

You can associate all lights in a string to a single element within the custom prop editor. Add a element or a single light that creates the element. Then select the element just added and continue adding lights. All those lights will be associated to the one element and make a "string". You can create multiple strings for say a face that has a "string" per face part. Under Physical tab in the prop editor set the Color Type to Single Color or Multi Color depending on how you want the color handling setup on the strings. Then when you import it into the preview each string will be one element with all the lights you created associated to it. It should ask you about the color handling when you add it and you can set it up the colors just as you would conventional strings if you created them in the Display Setup. The color handling is a bit generic to the whole prop, but once you import it if the separate strings need different colors, you can adjust that in the Display Setup.

If I get some time in the next day or two I can create a video showing the process, but hopefully that helps get you going.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help got it to work I think

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get to make that video, Jeff? I've love to see how this is done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buirro View Post
    Did you get to make that video, Jeff? I've love to see how this is done.
    Still on my to do list, but I will post it here once I do.