Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D printed Pixel Pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3D printed Pixel Pole

Playing around with Tinkercad again last week and finalized my interpretation of a pixel pole this weekend.....I was actually thinking of using 2 pieces of metal conduit and do it straight up both sides of the house but the Boss has her doubts on that...LOL
    Here is a quick video if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/EvelyFamily...5380795201550/
    And here are a few pics of the part:
    pixel pole crop.jpgpixel pol 2 crop.jpg
    I have to do a few more tests on it when I get some PETG to make sure it can hold up to a Nova Scotia winter, but if there is any interest I will post to thingiverse.
    I am going to design a topper for this as well, just not sure if I want to go for a glass ball or a 3D printed star.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 3D printed Pixel Pole

Is the file going to be shared? Or are these/design for sale?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

I assume the pixels go in the half-round grooves, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    I assume the pixels go in the half-round grooves, correct?
    Yes, I will do a pole up once my rolls of PETG arrive this week or next so you can see how it all goes together.
    And Yes, I'll post to thingiverse so anyone can print them or remix it to do what they need.
    I only made it 10mm high and 15% infill but with both braces it seems sturdy enough. Just want to test it before releasing STL.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Great. More custom spaced nodes to order...

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic.
    Thanks for Sharing !!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have to make quite a few of the brackets to do a whole pole -- I'd assume you'll want the brackets evenly spaced, which means every 3 or 4 inches. Wow, that 3D printer is going to be working overtime!!! I made some pixel poles a couple years ago but I used strips and covered them with shrink tube to protect them from the elements -- they've worked perfectly for 2 years with zero failures.

IMG_0793.jpg

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

About an hour for each....
    .6 nozzle at 80mm/s speed or so...
    Only used 15% infill but doubled perimeter walls.
    Does not use much plastic at all, but you are right it will require a few to make a full sized pole.
    My plan was to make a 4 foot pole, so probably 12 for each pole for a total of 60 5v nodes plus whatever topper I figure on using.
    I like your design! very cool.
    I had thought about something similar but I am so close to the street I wanted something a bit more spaced out so it doesn't overpower everything.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Iíve done something similar but used a top and bottom and Boysco strips between them. A lot less work for the printer. Cost wise it was cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stampedeboss View Post
    I’ve done something similar but used a top and bottom and Boysco strips between them. A lot less work for the printer. Cost wise it was cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would recommend using Boscoyo strips all day every day BUT......living in Canada makes shipping crazy expensive.
    Always looking for different ways to do something....LOL, it's a necessity living up North.
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast