Thread: Vixen v3 and pixel 360 degree Tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen v3 and pixel 360 degree Tree

So, I would like to add my round tree that is out in the yard to my 2019 display. To that end, I will create a pixel net wrap that will be have 273 pixel and wrap the tree 360 degrees. The question I have is, how do I create the tube element, and add it to my preview? The Q after that is programming that 360 view.

So I am running the latest version of Vixen which sends data to my Falcon F16v2, that then sends data to the Renards and all of the pixel elements. This will not be my first pixel element, it will be my first 360 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, is this a complicated item and I should move to xLights?

Thanks for you input and suggestions in advance.
    2016 Migrating to Vixen 3.2
    Vixen 2.5x
    120 Channels
    2015 5 RenardSS24 @ 20,600 lights
    2014 5 RenardSS24 @ 18,600 lights
    2013 3 RenardSS24 @ 9,900 lights
    2012 2 RenardSS24 @ 6,000 lights
    2011 began researching
    [url]www.KentlandsChristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen v3 and pixel 360 degree Tree

I would just set it up as a Pixel tree and use the tree smart object in the preview. You can adjust the dimensions of the top of the tree in the settings on the tree object if you need it to look more like a cylinder. Then the sequencing would work like any other 360 mega tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen v3 and pixel 360 degree Tree

Quote Originally Posted by MikelMD View Post
    So, I would like to add my round tree that is out in the yard to my 2019 display. To that end, I will create a pixel net wrap that will be have 273 pixel and wrap the tree 360 degrees. The question I have is, how do I create the tube element, and add it to my preview? The Q after that is programming that 360 view.

So I am running the latest version of Vixen which sends data to my Falcon F16v2, that then sends data to the Renards and all of the pixel elements. This will not be my first pixel element, it will be my first 360 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, is this a complicated item and I should move to xLights?

Thanks for you input and suggestions in advance.
    As mentioned, this is a built in function. I wonder why you mentioned that if this is "complicated" you would move to xLights? Vixen is as full featured as xLights. There are some differences in the total effects lists but the main difference is in the way you "think" about your show.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q