Thread: I have too many lights and need advice with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Post I have too many lights and need advice with them.

Anyone have advice when you have a small piece of property and lots of lights...? I feel it's a bit much. I have 20 extra channels built and don't want to let them go to waste. This is not even all of it. I have 2 DMX moving heads in xLights, not in the Vixen preview. I LOVE LIGHTING AND I DON'T WANNA JUST NOT USE THEM! I love to go crazy with this. So, is there something simple and compact to make which uses a bunch of channels? Like the thing on my gate. I guess I can remove other props and just add more to it if I really have too. But I'd like to know your ideas.

Hereeeee's the preview of when I added 20 more channels...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1UE4YvZRWG83QR97
    Crazy Light Addict.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I have too many lights and need advice with them.

16 channel spinner and a 4 channel star. Put the spinner on the gate and the star on the house between the windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Arches ? ( with or without fans in each one ) , would take up a LOT of channels and you can make the arches what ever size you wish ..

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing says you have to turn all lights on all the time. Overlap your props but don’t turn them on when they conflict.

Post Thanks / Like

you all need to play the video he has more than what you see when looking at the picture but it isnt just a picture it is a video and shows more stuff in yard
    Last edited by TazChaLet; 04-19-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure of what your props actually are but on my house I had lights that outlined my roof and I also bought the drip icicles they sell at like walmart and hung them on gutters they are normal 110 lights and they look good you can also get things from store like the snowflakes I have and hang them in windows the 2nd video does focus after a few seconds

Last edited by TazChaLet; 04-19-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you could add more to the top roof section.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

I would add another set of mini trees out front and then I would do 3 or 4 colors on each one (I like color). But if you are sticking with white, then make a dozen mini trees. You will find many uses for chases, waves, and dimming with smaller and similar props. The iconic Holdman show still is standard in my eyes. Watch it a couple of times. Just really watch it and you will be inspired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfz1pyq3EhE He uses three colors but you can do much the same with one. You would just use dark and "half on" as additional colors. The thing to notice is that he uses lots of repeating elements and packs them in. Nine trees on one side; four on the other; 7 real trees, at least 12 snowflakes. His snowflake chase is beautiful and something you could replicate. I also love sparkle balls. They take up a bit of room but look great just tossed on the lawn and you can use them like mini trees. I don't think you are even close to going overboard just yet! Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to either overlap everything with color or do some spiral on my roof and some more mini trees with color like the Holdman show. I love the holdman show. Thanks guys for the inspiration!
    Crazy Light Addict.