Thread: Anyone do custom strips besides Ray?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone do custom strips besides Ray?

I am still trying to match my old strips up to something new to finish out my matrix and I've run into a problem. The original strips are WS2812b 5V 30LED/m IP67 silicon sleeve.

The difference is that the QC back in the day must not have been as good because the distance between LEDs at the cut section is only 1in instead of 1.3in. this isn't noticeable and I would have never caught it until I put up a better QC strip against it and saw that I was 1.5 LEDs by the end of 8ft.

I wrote Ray about making some custom reels for me, but he said WS2812b was too old of a chip and couldn't do it.

So my question is,does anyone else do custom?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone do custom strips besides Ray?

You could try scottled.com. They’re in the same city as Ray. I have no personal expeerience, but others have reported good things.

I think, however, that with WS2812B it may be an availablity problem. A couple years ago WorldSemi upgraded the chips so they now behave differently, but they didn’t change the part number. That may be what Ray’s referring to when he says they’re “old chips.”

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone do custom strips besides Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    You could try scottled.com. They’re in the same city as Ray. I have no personal expeerience, but others have reported good things.

I think, however, that with WS2812B it may be an availablity problem. A couple years ago WorldSemi upgraded the chips so they now behave differently, but they didn’t change the part number. That may be what Ray’s referring to when he says they’re “old chips.”
    Thanks, I'll reach out to them.

Yeah, that is probably it. Falcon can account for that right?

I run an e682 and I am not sure that he can. I can imagine a matrix off both types would not be easy.

Now that I think about it, I think the e682 was attempting updates that people were having success with, but it couldn't handle zig zag matrices, so that wouldn't help.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]