Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Power Injection Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie Power Injection Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    You could also use 24V or 36V PSU and use a buck converter to drop the voltage to 12V at the injection points, that way you don't have to use a heavy a wire.
    I also ran the calculations with both of these options and I believe it would allow me to back down the wire gauge to 12ga and 14ga respectively. The issue with the buck converters is going to concealing them. Any recommendations on a water-proof solution that can also be somewhat "hidden"? The LED strips will be mounted in a diffuser track (along with the power injection lines) so when the lights are off, they will blend in with the drip-edge. If I go the buck converter approach, I'll need to somehow mount those at the 5m injection points.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie Power Injection Question

AHA is a wonderful sensation. Glad too have helped trigger it. Now you know why many of us use higher vooltages and buck converters or mount power supplies near the center of a prop. Keep in mind that you could use multiple PSUs. For example, one at each end of your run would reduce the wire guage a lot.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12