Thread: Color Handling Issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Color Handling Issue

I was doing some testing and I noticed some pixels weren't displaying the proper colors. Using a Sandevices 6804, I tested the colors and they were fine. I tested on another computer and through Vixen the colors were fine. But when I used my computer that I use for sequencing I noticed the colors were wrong. Not knowing what was going on I reassigned color handling and that didn't work. So, I decided to unpatch and delete all elements in the folder making sure I didn't delete the folder thereby deleting all the sequencing. I then made new elements and dropped them into the folder and then deleted the old ones. Repatched the new elements and walla, it worked. So I'm guessing somewhere along the line the color handling is getting corrupt. Anyone run across this problem and what could be causing it?

I want to add that preview continues showing the selected color even though the wrong color is being displayed by the lights.
    Last edited by pmiller; 04-04-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Color Handling Issue

Can you clarify where the colors were wrong? Were they right on the lights and wrong in the preview, or wrong in both places? Was it the same on the second computer or different? I am trying to figure out were the issue might be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Can you clarify where the colors were wrong? Were they right on the lights and wrong in the preview, or wrong in both places? Was it the same on the second computer or different? I am trying to figure out were the issue might be.
    Hi Jeff. When I used the computer downstairs to display blue the lights displayed blue. Same with red and green, they worked fine. But when I used the show computer I selected blue and the lights showed red. In preview the lights showed blue. Red and green were also wrong. That's when I deleted all elements in the folder and made new ones and now everything is in working order. That lead me to believe that the profile for color handling might have got corrupt somehow.
    Each computer had its own Vixen profile so nothing was shared.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If the preview was right, then it would have to have been an out of order color set in the color handling, or crossed up patching. I can't say I am aware of any cases of it being corrupted, but if you run into it again, send me the profile so I can check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    If the preview was right, then it would have to have been an out of order color set in the color handling, or crossed up patching. I can't say I am aware of any cases of it being corrupted, but if you run into it again, send me the profile so I can check it out.
    Will do. I actually unpatched and re-patched and that didn't work. Oh well, maybe it was some kinda unexplainable glitch. But, if it happens again I'll save settings and send them to you. Thank you Jeff.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk