Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Surgery was 3 hrs long and Dr. said everything went well. I had a rough night Tuesday because I was nauseated and had trouble keeping pain meds down. Was able
    to get some relief about 2am and got some sleep. Nerves must have took because the pain was bad.
    Yesterday was a better day, and today the pain is less with less pain meds. Sent me home with 30 percocet which I will never use all but right now they help.
    I feel like the healing has began now that surgery is over. I'll follow up with Dr. on the 18th.
    Thanks for all the prayers. Ray.
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. said i cut a tendon that controls the tip of my ring finger bending so he repaired that along with implanting the nerve
    tubes. I'll go back in a week to have stiches removed. The skin graft from my wrist looked dark and bad to me but Dr
    was pleased with his work. what used to be a wrinkle on my wrist is now the bend on 2 of my fingers, Wild!
    Overall everything is looking good. Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear you are progressing well! Keep us updated!
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

They removed the stiches from my wrist left the stiches in my fingers for another week. Will have a therapist set up an appointment to start therapy. Hand stays swollen and those 2 fingers are very hard to move, or bend. Right now they don't bend much at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Patience, my friend. Patience. It will come. The therapy will help a lot -- although it probably won't be very comfortable....

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayhjr View Post
    ... and those 2 fingers are very hard to move, or bend. Right now they don't bend much at all.
    But they do move! That is a very good sign.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow 5/28 will be 7 weeks from surgery on my 2 fingers. The skin grafts have a slight scab still and my ring finger is still stiff as can be. Can not bend the tip of that fingers. The Dr. and therapist both think the tendon is bound up in scar tissue. Dr wants to get grafts heald in case he needs to go back in. I'm not sure that will happen. Not being able to bend the tip of one finger is not the end of the world.

This is a picture of me making a fist. The scar on my wrist is where they took skin for the grafts

I'm still out of work but I'm not complaining. When you work construction you learn to save for a rainy day. Plus we are going through a heatwave, hit 100 last 3 days in a row and have not seen a drop of rain in weeks. Hopefully when I do go back to work it will cool down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting to follow up on this thread for weeks now but have been real busy.
    I went back to work the week after the 4th of July. My grip is not what it should be but it's getting better.
    Was released from Dr. and therapist the week I went back to work.
    The tip of my ring finger still don't bend, and the felling is coming back slowly. Right now those
    two fingers tingle quiet a bit.
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I'm sure they helped. Ray.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad was in construction for 50 years and never had a accident. At the age of 75 he cut off all 4 fingers of his right hand on a table saw and walked 2.5 miles to the emergency room. Fingers could not be saved. He passed away at 92.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12