Thread: Why pay more than $37 for an xLights sequence.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why pay more than $37 for an xLights sequence.

Imagine paying less than $37 for any one of 30 Signature Series xLights sequences priced between $100 - $200. Now imagine having 13 of these sequences for one Annual Price and 365 days to choose them. It's Totally Your Choice.

Imagine the rest of the goodies below:

• Bank Redeemable Tokens
    • 50% off Artist Series Collection
    • 10% off Gilbert Engineering
    • Quarterly Interview Series
    • Effect Preset Vault
    • Monthly Tech Talk

Feel free to check the site out. The correct domain will be up soon! If you think Universes and Channels are challenging try migrating an entire storefront, membership and domain at the same time. Yuk!!!!! But you are worth it.

https://www.xtremesequences.com/
    Last edited by Bravado67; 03-18-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why pay more than $37 for an xLights sequence.

Why pay anything for a sequence when you can make one yourself.

The real question is why a moderated, hobbiest group has to be repeatedly subjected to SPAM. The messages for sequences look no different than the hundreds I get in my inbox every week. I don’t think people mind seeing a post for a pre-sale or a member posting a discount code or good deal somewhere. The ads for sequences have really surpassed that level. These are recurring advertisements for continual income. I believe the rules here restrict the definition of a pre-sale to something that doesn’t occur continuously. For something recurring, you should get a legitimate website and not advertise on a forum where people come to trade ideas on their hobby.

I’ve held back on commenting on these advertisements at least 4 times in the past 6 months. They only ones that seem to model SPAM are the ones for sequences. Each one is usually a new thread with a different deal of the week or some similar pitch. I’m really interested in how other members feel about recurring ads and would like to see them gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the feedback. I'll take it under advisement.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

While I have heard of xtremesequences in my few months of a beginning pixel hobbyist, I had never actually gone to his site. I can say that at this time, I would not purchase a sequence because I want to learn how to do it on my own... and people share many sequences for free if I wanted to pull an effect or prop out of one of those. He has a good service for those that don't have the time to create a bunch of full sequences or are just crunched for time.

That said, I did go to his site and found the videos to be interesting with some being very helpful in one way or another. I have watched hundreds of videos out there (canispater, Johnson family, xlights, etc) and I continue to get ideas and ways to do things more efficiently, or see something as a mount/support/prop that I would not have thought of to use. Our hobby is unique in ways that we have to improvise our materials and hardware to achieve solutions to mounting, lighting, weather, and storage issues.

I have gained some knowledge from him posting this as a vendor, but do understand if it's posted every month or at a frequency that's considered SPAM, it would get annoying to members. I check for "New Posts" or "Todays Posts" multiple times a day. I see vendors posting stuff all the time and don't click on the threads unless it might be something I'm interested in . So we have a choice to read it or not... it's not flooding our PM box or our email (unless you get notified of all new posts by email). It's a catch 22.

Post Thanks / Like

As posted at the top of this section:

The Vendor's Arena is not a forum for argument or opinion. Please keep all opinions out as each vendor can post their own "advertisement" without fear of it going off the rails. If you would like to have a discussion with others about business practices then take it to an appropriate place.

This would be a good discussion, out in the forums. Anyone want to start it?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

If he was posting outside of the Vendors arena, you MIGHT have a valid complaint. In this case, you are the one violating the rules of this particular forum.

To answer your question... Plenty of people pay for sequences. Everyone has different talents and interests in this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamron View Post
    Why pay anything for a sequence when you can make one yourself.

The real question is why a moderated, hobbiest group has to be repeatedly subjected to SPAM. The messages for sequences look no different than the hundreds I get in my inbox every week. I donít think people mind seeing a post for a pre-sale or a member posting a discount code or good deal somewhere. The ads for sequences have really surpassed that level. These are recurring advertisements for continual income. I believe the rules here restrict the definition of a pre-sale to something that doesnít occur continuously. For something recurring, you should get a legitimate website and not advertise on a forum where people come to trade ideas on their hobby.

Iíve held back on commenting on these advertisements at least 4 times in the past 6 months. They only ones that seem to model SPAM are the ones for sequences. Each one is usually a new thread with a different deal of the week or some similar pitch. Iím really interested in how other members feel about recurring ads and would like to see them gone.
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]Dark Yard again for 2017 [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2] Still searching for more Time and Money[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="BLUE"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyChristmas"]Display Facebook Page[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry folks if my post ruffled some feathers. There are many here that do not frequent the FB groups which is primarily where I interact so maybe a disconnect in what it is I do and provide. I freely give tutorials twice a week to the US group and once per week to the European group and then post the videos for all that could not make it. I have 70+ tutorials on my website and do not require any enrollment or membership to view them. I keep my advertising down to no more than once per week (Sundays). I donate to xLights, will be presenting at TransWorld and Christmas while traveling to many minis where I give thousands of dollars in products. Thanks for the understanding. It's a great hobby with amazing people with dynamic opinions. As long as there are smiles on children and adult's faces from our beautiful shows who cares about the rest. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

You are in the vendors arena so rock on! Your post is in the right place and your tutorials are great. I have learned from them and enjoyed your commentary too. Please keep up the good work.