Thread: Help with E682 setup Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with E682 setup Please

I am running a small mega tree of 16 strings of 45 pixels.
    The actual length is 4 stings of 90 pixels and I zig zag at 45 pixels.
    I uploaded my setup page to look at and tell me if I have it setup right with my E-682.

Thanks for your help
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with E682 setup Please

I would just do the zig-zag in software (x-lights? Vixen?). So uncheck all the "reverse" check boxes, and fix your starting channel for group 2 universe=23, channel=61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
    I am running a small mega tree of 16 strings of 45 pixels.
    The actual length is 4 stings of 90 pixels and I zig zag at 45 pixels.
    I uploaded my setup page to look at and tell me if I have it setup right with my E-682.

Thanks for your help
    John
    So I see a couple of issues. First, your second port should start at Universe 23, channel 61 (not 1). Second, depending on your percentage of power output, I hope you are planning on using power injection, because I don't think you can push that much power over 360 pixels with out it. Third, I think there is a limit of 6120 channels on the e682 unless that has been updated. With your two ports you are already pushing 2160 channels. Unless you are planning on using all of the ports, channel counts may come into play. Also I notice there is a problem with the ending channel. You need to update the universe numbers so that you have enough room (i.e., universe 24,25,26, etc.) for all of your channels.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Keith R; 03-10-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

You should also update your E682 firmware to version 5.030. It allows you to separately control each output rather than as groups of 4.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed - update the firmware to version 5.030.
    The E682 can handle 6,144 channels (2,048 3-channel pixels) in Unicast mode, or 3,584 channels (1,194 3-channel pixels) in Multicast.
    You can assign all of those channels to just a few outputs, or spread them out among all 16 outputs.

Set the number of channels per individual output, then set the number of channels for each zig-zag on that output.

The E682 is a workhorse for us. 6 of our megatrees, and a couple of other locations, are driven by E682s. They have driven these props for 5 years now, with no problems.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your thoughts. I will reconfigure my e-682 to run 8 ports of 90 pixels each. I will then use Xlights to do folds at 45 pixels as someone suggested to come up with my 16 strings of 45. I will run my power at 75%. This will come out as 720 pixels. I will do all this on the weekend and repost with a thumb nail picture.
    Thanks to all
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all. I redone the E-682 and all is well set it up in xlights and it does what I programmed it to.

I do have one question what does the millisecond number should be on the controller? I left it on 250 and it seems to work ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
    Thanks to all. I redone the E-682 and all is well set it up in xlights and it does what I programmed it to.

I do have one question what does the millisecond number should be on the controller? I left it on 250 and it seems to work ok.
    It's actually a microsecond number. The microsecond number is the time required to reset the chip in the pixels. If reset timing is too short, the pixel won't update properly to the next instruction. Old pixels had a very short reset time of about 50 microseconds. Newer pixels require a minimum reset time of 280 microseconds. Set this number to 300 to make sure you don't have issues. The longer reset time setting works fine for older pixels, too.
    Ed
    Happily retired