Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get 2 Beaglebone Black Rev C for $41.00 ($20.50 each) or Less

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Get 2 Beaglebone Black Rev C for $41.00 ($20.50 each) or Less

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    Talked to that guy months ago. Said the ones he had were "slightly used" for some projects. Guess that didn't sell so it turned into new without packaging.
    Does a BB have an "odometer" of any type? Something in it's memory that shows "time powered on"? Some sort of software hack that can read anything like that? It's a great deal new or used, and I will be testing mine thoroughly. But if he's listing them as NEW on eBay and not putting in the description anything in the description that they were used in any way, then that is fraudulently selling a new item or even a "New (Other)" item. Apparently a normal "new in box" comes with the USB cable, these do not. Again, I got it for 1/3 the price of most new units listed out there. I'm a deal finder and I can make anything work as long as it wasn't already damaged or DOA. I don't mind the fact that they might have been used, but I'm one for full disclosure.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my 2 yesterday also. Both up and running with no issues on latest FPP. Now to catch up to Ken@wiredwatts to get an octoscroller and a couple more P10's...may try a couple P5's this time just for giggles. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJR214 View Post
    Does a BB have an "odometer" of any type? Something in it's memory that shows "time powered on"? Some sort of software hack that can read anything like that?
    No. Software like FPP has an “uptime” counter that is reset with every power cycle, but thats it. In most cases, if the processor doesn’t blow shortly after it’s powered on, it will likely won’t fail for a very long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12