Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limits to the Associated Audio?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Limits to the Associated Audio?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman1400 View Post
    Iím still learning the hardware differences. I know the FPP is a Falcon Player but, what model# Renard output board and FPP are you recommending?
    There are many ways to trigger a strobe. You say that your strobe is triggered by a 12v input? Then a Renard with a DC SSR (integrated or external) would work. The renard DC-SSR would supply 12V to your strobe when you have an "Full ON" set up for that channel in your sequence. If you have multiple strobes then I would wire each of them to a DC SSR output and control them individually. Then with proper placement you can do running effects along a line of strobes (aka bolt of lightning).

FYI: If the strobes are set up to flash when AC power is applied then you can use an AC-SSR version of the Renard boards and again connect one strobe per channel for better control.

The descriptions may seem dated but that is because the design is rock solid and has not had to change in a long time. The renard boards work and keep on working (unless you do something bad to them). They come in versions that have integrated SSRs (both AC and DC) as well as external SSRs (connected via CAT5 cables) which can be a mix of AC and DC SSRs attached to the same Renard controller (I went with an external SSR version so I could run AC and DC props using a single Renard).

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification. I think I am really starting to understand all the hardware. Which Renard board provides an internal DC SSR?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugman1400 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I think I am really starting to understand all the hardware. Which Renard board provides an internal DC SSR?
    A pretty complete list is here:

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...nard_Main_Page

and two internal DC types are:
    • Simple Renard RGB+W - a 32-channel (one-PIC) board that can be used to drive low power dc loads (pcb design by Mactayl and tstraub)
    • Ren48LSD - a 48-channel (six-PIC) board that can be used to drive LED SuperStrips.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

I think you were on the right path with the arduino. You can use special values in the sequence to trigger the arduino. The sequence will not be a big deal with only one or two channels. Put the arduino in Renard mode and connect to the serial port (USB) on your computer. When you get a 01 on channel 1, trigger your output to the strobes. When you get a number on channel 2, trigger that .mp3 or .wav file to play.

Many arduinos work with 7 - 12V. You can use the same power supply to trip your strobes. You would use a optoisolator circuit to drive the strobes at the required voltage so that the lower voltage arduino pin would not do the hard work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12