Thread: Pi cap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pi cap

Hello Iím wondering if you can use a pi cap to run ambilight for a tv if so what software would I need???

Itís the lights around the tv to change with the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pi cap

Yes you could adapt the arduino code to run on a PI. You would still need to run something like the "Adalight.pde" java code on a computer that is playing the movie (Could be the PI as well I suppose).

NOTE: Using a DIY solution means it works only for movies playing from a computer external to your TV. The software playing the movie also outputs a data stream with information similar in content to a generic serial stream from xlights or Vixen (Conceptually similar but more robust).

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: My wife would throw out the TV if I did that to it.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

how about a ESPIXELSTICK and MQTT. It should be pretty easy to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    FYI: My wife would throw out the TV if I did that to it.
    When I was building my theater room, I was told that the lighting around the screen would keep you from getting too tired, so there was some functionality to the decoration. See how that goes over with your wife. Mine didn’t buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Yes you could adapt the arduino code to run on a PI. You would still need to run something like the "Adalight.pde" java code on a computer that is playing the movie (Could be the PI as well I suppose).

NOTE: Using a DIY solution means it works only for movies playing from a computer external to your TV. The software playing the movie also outputs a data stream with information similar in content to a generic serial stream from xlights or Vixen (Conceptually similar but more robust).
    I tried raspi lt but my pi would not let me sign in for some reason so now I have Lightberry and donít have the money for their controller a friend wants to help me with a pi cap from falcon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk