Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No Range at All.. Not Even 12 Inches...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: No Range at All.. Not Even 12 Inches...

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    I used those for my 2017 show flawlessly. I also had bought a second as a back up. I was running FPP 1.8 at the time. This year when I went to use the same setup the sound was terrible, on both previously used and tested transmitters. The only thing that was different for me was I was now running FPP2.5x. Did anyone have sucess using these transmitters with RasPi running FPP 2.x?
    Something changed with 2.x I was working with Dkulp, but he went on vacation and the emails stopped. I was able to use it with the usb connection with 1.x. Like you found that does'nt work with 2.x. So I purchased a soundblaster 3 usb audio adapter, and connected the audio out of that to the dsp pll transmitter, It works fine, maybe slightly worse audio than 1.x but acceptable. I kinda hate having the extra dongle hanging off the pi, but there seems to be no interest in fixing what was broken with the code. I did create a bug report #403. Several others commented about usb audio not working with any transmitter now. Maybe one day someone will fix it.

2. Likes Stormyblade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    Yup—I used those last year as well. No problems
    are you using usb audio?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    Something changed with 2.x I was working with Dkulp, but he went on vacation and the emails stopped. I was able to use it with the usb connection with 1.x. Like you found that does'nt work with 2.x. So I purchased a soundblaster 3 usb audio adapter, and connected the audio out of that to the dsp pll transmitter, It works fine, maybe slightly worse audio than 1.x but acceptable. I kinda hate having the extra dongle hanging off the pi, but there seems to be no interest in fixing what was broken with the code. I did create a bug report #403. Several others commented about usb audio not working with any transmitter now. Maybe one day someone will fix it.
    We've got several months left in this year...maybe the FPP guys can figure this out. This past season I used the same setup as you and everything was very clear.

Post Thanks / Like

This problem is in the USB subsystem or firmware and possibly not something that Dan or I can fix. The same is true for the longstanding robot sound issue with the Vast FMT-212R which I also have. A few years ago, I ran with a BBB master so I could use the USB input on the FMT-212R, but for the past two years I have just used the analog input with a Pi 3 B. Unfortunately, neither Dan or I (or Mat who was looking into this a few years ago) have the knowledge or time to look into the USB issue. We have opened a case with the Pi kernel/firmware guys but they havenít come up with a solution yet and didnít take Mat up on his offer to send one of them his FMT-212R to test with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMurdoch View Post
    This problem is in the USB subsystem or firmware and possibly not something that Dan or I can fix. The same is true for the longstanding robot sound issue with the Vast FMT-212R which I also have. A few years ago, I ran with a BBB master so I could use the USB input on the FMT-212R, but for the past two years I have just used the analog input with a Pi 3 B. Unfortunately, neither Dan or I (or Mat who was looking into this a few years ago) have the knowledge or time to look into the USB issue. We have opened a case with the Pi kernel/firmware guys but they haven’t come up with a solution yet and didn’t take Mat up on his offer to send one of them his FMT-212R to test with.
    Thanks for the update.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMurdoch View Post
    This problem is in the USB subsystem or firmware and possibly not something that Dan or I can fix. The same is true for the longstanding robot sound issue with the Vast FMT-212R which I also have. A few years ago, I ran with a BBB master so I could use the USB input on the FMT-212R, but for the past two years I have just used the analog input with a Pi 3 B. Unfortunately, neither Dan or I (or Mat who was looking into this a few years ago) have the knowledge or time to look into the USB issue. We have opened a case with the Pi kernel/firmware guys but they haven’t come up with a solution yet and didn’t take Mat up on his offer to send one of them his FMT-212R to test with.
    I am not sure I understand why it could be in the usb subsystem or firmware, it worked in 1.x and not in 2.x. Same pi, same hardware. Only thing that changed was the new FPP version. Could you clarify?

Post Thanks / Like

fpp 1.x and 2.x are based on different kernels. I gave up on usb audio and went to an audio pi hat. have not had an issue since.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

Which exact hat are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    fpp 1.x and 2.x are based on different kernels. I gave up on usb audio and went to an audio pi hat. have not had an issue since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    I am not sure I understand why it could be in the usb subsystem or firmware, it worked in 1.x and not in 2.x. Same pi, same hardware. Only thing that changed was the new FPP version. Could you clarify?
    FPP v1.x used a Raspbian/Debian Wheezy Linux install with an older kernel. FPP v2.x uses Raspbian/Debian Stretch. In between Wheezy and Stretch was Jessie, so we jumped 2 major Operating System versions for v2.x. Wheezy was ancient, it had been around since before the first FPP release in 2013, we needed a OS upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the response, it did'nt occur to me that the OS change was the main reason for the usb audio issues. Guess the audio dongle is the solution for now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast