Thread: UI Password

Post Thanks / Like

Default UI Password

With some concern of random people (kids) playing with an app to search IP address in my area i was looking wondering if they could get into my network. Then i got to thinking a quick search would give them the IP address for the Rasberry Pi. Entering that address will open FPP - correct?

If so, now they could mess with my show.

So looked into the UI password. I went to the page, selected Enable, and entered a password. I closed the web browser and opened a new tab. I entered FPP/. It asked for the password. I entered it and FPP opened. So i closed the broweser, typed in FPP and it opened without asking for password. The dialogue did pop up asking to save password and i said no. Changed password, did same process with same results.

Will the password be asked for on any new device? or once i enter it, can any device get in?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: UI Password

Yes and no. First they have to get into your network. Your router keeps them out via the fact it is using NAT. You have to open ports explicitly and set up routing to the machines in your network, which I suspect you are not doing. That means they need to connect to your network (physically) to gain access and mess with your show. If they are doing that, you have more serious issues.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to see what is attached to your network, get a program called: "Advanced IP Scanner". It is free and works very well. I regularly scan my network.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for info