Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JBoards: ESPixNode, Power Distro, Differential sender/receivers and more

Post Thanks / Like

Default JBoards: ESPixNode, Power Distro, Differential sender/receivers and more

Not big on doing forums, really only come around them once in a while and do a quick glance around to see if anything big or cool is going on, I mostly just hang around the xLights facebook group. Some people recommended I post my stuff up on here so sure why not.

Here is a link to my store and for any questions I can be emailed at GetJBoards@gmail.com
    https://jboards.ecwid.com/

I offer a handful of circuit boards and have at least a few other ones in the works to be added at a later date.

ESPixNode: A daughter board featuring easy power and pixel connections, supports 5v and 12v pixels, has a buffered signal output. It is used in conjunction with a NodeMCU to be an easy low cost solution to using the ESPixelStick firmware from Shelby Merrick. NodeMCU is included in the price.

Power Distro-8: A power distribution board that has eight 5A fused outputs to allow for easy distribution of power with indicating LEDs to show status of power on each output.

Port-To-Diff: Allows up to 4 outputs from a pixel controller to be connected and send out over cat5/6 as a differential signal. Power for the board is received from the first port of the board. Supports being fed from a 5V or 12V port on your controller.

Diff-To-Port: The other end of the differential setup, it receives up to 4 differential signals and sends them out to 4 5A fused ports to drive your pixels. Supports 5V or 12V pixels and also has two extra 5A fused ports that can be used for power injection Also works with Falcon controller equipment.

Pixel Panel Pihat(Zero): Hats that connects to a Raspberry Pi used to run P panels from. bigger version has 3 outputs and 'Zero' version has 1 and is in the footprint of a Rpi Zero. 3 output version is based off the one done by RonP.

Server Power Supply Breakout Board: This one is a current board in the works and will be available not too long from now. It will be a breakout board for the very popular server power supplies that you can get cheaply like the HP 750W ones. I will have an edge connector and give you 6 + and 6 - connection points using terminals rated for 30A. Will also have a built in On/Off switch. Should be ready in like 2-3 weeks I am guessing.

collage.jpg
    Last edited by jeremy0203; 01-23-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: JBoards: ESPixNode, Power Distro, Differential sender/receivers and more

Ya'll need to get that ESPixNode, thigns awesome, gonna run my 6 arches off it this year

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: JBoards: ESPixNode, Power Distro, Differential sender/receivers and more

Don't be a stranger.

Post Thanks / Like

The one shown here uses the same CPU. I run Shelby's code on it all the time. This board is a better choice than the ESP-01 board.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

So.... do the NodeMCU's have the same potential memory chip issue as the ESP-01s?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    The one shown here uses the same CPU. I run Shelby's code on it all the time. This board is a better choice than the ESP-01 board.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy.... in what part of the country do you live?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    So.... do the NodeMCU's have the same potential memory chip issue as the ESP-01s?
    I assume you are talking about the puya chip issue? If so then no that isn't an issue with NodeMCUs. It's one of the reasons I went with a setup like this for running the firmware. After getting a couple batches of puya chip 01s I decided a different route would be better. Plus of course no need for an external UART programmer which I saw many people always mentioning having trouble getting theirs to work(probably counterfeit ftdi issue but yeah).

I'm in the Phoenix AZ area.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several NodeMCU devkit's that I've done projects with over the past couple of years. I prefer the Wemos D1 Mini Pro because it has 5v or 3.3v input and 5v is more often available. It also has an external antenna and fits more securely on projects.

I've been puzzled as to why people keep making controllers with the basic ESP8266. Other options allow USB programming and most of the hardware you need to run the core. That makes board design and assembly easier.

Then there's the ESP32 which is dual core and could probably support multiple outputs.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 5v input for the NodeMCU. Convenient since i need 5v for the buffer as well. So I have a 12v to 5v regulator on the ESPixNode daughter board, has a very low dropout to keep it as close to 5v as possible when powered for 5v pixels. That output is fed to the buffer and to the NodeMCU.

I gave thought to making the board to fit the D1 so either the standard or the pro could be used. But I personally hand assemble all my boards and the NodeMCU comes with the headers already attached. I already have a lot to soldering to do with all my boards so not having to solder on the headers for the D1s saves a lot of time.

But if you want external antenna with this then there is always this option I was testing out that can be approached

facebook_1548342800792.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

As part of the pixel pops series, I had also done a nodeMCU implementation awhile back.
    At that time the NodeMCU's were a lot more money than they are now.
    The onboard programmer is very nice for sure.
    Hmmmm... I guess I need to revisit this again.

Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    I use 5v input for the NodeMCU. Convenient since i need 5v for the buffer as well. So I have a 12v to 5v regulator on the ESPixNode daughter board, has a very low dropout to keep it as close to 5v as possible when powered for 5v pixels. That output is fed to the buffer and to the NodeMCU.

I gave thought to making the board to fit the D1 so either the standard or the pro could be used. But I personally hand assemble all my boards and the NodeMCU comes with the headers already attached. I already have a lot to soldering to do with all my boards so not having to solder on the headers for the D1s saves a lot of time.

But if you want external antenna with this then there is always this option I was testing out that can be approached

facebook_1548342800792.jpg

11. Likes scootchu liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast