Thread: Home Decorating Contest

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home Decorating Contest

Greetings

I put up an animated Christmas light display (10 and counting) each year because it brings joy to people lives during a time that can be stressful to some. My satisfaction is when individuals stop to thank me or leave a note of thanks for my efforts. So I'm not one to enter decorating contests. This past season my wife "encouraged" me to enter our cities Holiday Home Decorating contest. There were 2 categories, Grizwald's (over the top) and Traditional. Much to my surprise I won the Traditional category. We were recognized at a city council meeting in December and received a lawn sign. My wife and I are 2nd and 3rd from the right in the picture.

Last week I received a certificate in the mail from the California Legislature. This was unexpected to be recognized by our representative in the California State Assembly. I'm getting it framed to hang on the wall above my PC where I do my sequencing.

Here is a link to this years videos: https://vimeo.com/album/5652092

Cheers

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Way too many lights..... I must be going insane!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2014 videos [url]https://vimeo.com/album/1798131[/url]
    2013 videos [url]https://vimeo.com/album/2653050[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Home Decorating Contest

Congratulations. Those little thank you notes really go along way. Batch of cookies and some beef rub was nice too.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

I won 2 awards this year. Neither came with a trophy or plaque. My wife thinks Imr crazy for wanting to make my own trophy for each award haha
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

4. Thanks JLStout thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great!
    I have one question, how did you do the bubbles bouncing around the megatree on the sugar plum fairy video? Reminds me of a windows screen saver. Is it a preset?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice display , but .... "traditional" ???????? ( I either need to get with the times or refigure my definition of traditional

Post Thanks / Like

Great display. I thought the same tho, Traditional?
    Gonna have to up my game if it is.
    Traditional in the Uk is throwing a set of battery LEDs over a bush or tree.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeF; 01-19-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Traditional is a beautiful constantly lit display no flashing craziness or music not related to Christmas IMO and just a tip here next time you go to all the trouble of making a video, remove the vehicle from your driveway.