Thread: xlights: layer blending - do effects get clobbered?

Post Thanks / Like

Default xlights: layer blending - do effects get clobbered?

I am attempting to do something and cant tell if I in my naieve understanding or have bumped into a program limitation.

What I am attempting to do is have a marquee that is moving on a few windows. Meanwhile on my "all" group, I want to have the effect timing event pulse. I want the marquee to use the colors I pick, and then a solid color on the all group which doesnt effect the marquee.

What I'm actually getting is, the blending is working, but the pulse doesnt seem do anything. Is this clobbered by the blending or is this some limitation?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: xlights: layer blending - do effects get clobbered?

Where is the “pulse” not showing up: on the whole house group or on the group where you have placed the marquee effect? And have you selected any masking on the marquee effect? It may be working as intended. Or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    Where is the “pulse” not showing up: on the whole house group or on the group where you have placed the marquee effect? And have you selected any masking on the marquee effect? It may be working as intended. Or not.
    I can't get the pulse to appear any where once I apply the layer change to it.

I haven't tried applying those layer changes to the other effect yet, maybe that will work.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try setting the pulse on the top layer of the whole house model then add marquee to the matrices in the layer below. Then select “effect 2” or “1 is unmask” for the matrices. I have also read something about changing render to “per preview” to make some effects appear, but I don’t know if that’s relevant here.