Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you layout pixels on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How would you layout pixels on this?

Even tho my windows curve I think I may be able to do something similar to what you do. still kicking around ideas.
    I was thinking if there is enough gap above the window I could use short pieces of J channel mounted to pvc and hang it from that lip hopefully that should give me the curve I need.
    but still unsure if I should cover the entire window (like in the pic) or just string them around the outer perimeter.

Thanks guys, still open to ideas..

Post Thanks / Like

Too much light might wash out the figures in your windows. If you want them seen at night then you'll have to back light them and lower the intensity on any lights you have on the outside. If you don't care about seeing them then it doesn't matter. If you put lights around every frame you'll still have a lot in one place. Try modeling it in your sequencer as both an outline and as frames to see what it looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    As for mounting: I myself am considering hinged plastic wiremold with square pixels in the top, secured with industrial velcro. Corners will probably be tied together with those metal 90 degree fasteners that are flat with screw holes. Just an idea I am kicking around.
    Sorry to dig this back up but did you ever make these brackets for your windows. If so could you snap a few pics.
    I'm dark this year so I have more time to figure it out.

Thank you..Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    Sorry to dig this back up but did you ever make these brackets for your windows. If so could you snap a few pics.
    I'm dark this year so I have more time to figure it out.

Thank you..Chris
    Sorry, I had a busy year with 2 deaths in the family. Work is very busy. That project has been moved to next year. I still think it is the best choice for my setup. Here is what I was thinking of using:
    Wiremold.jpg
    With this to attach the different pieces at the corners:
    Bracket.jpg
    I was planning on mounting them inside the home in the windows using my not so waterproof IP65 pixels. Mount with spacers in the corners to take into the account the height of the pixels, so the velcro in the window would hold it in place.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by aknflyer; 10-23-2019 at 02:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12