Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you layout pixels on this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How would you layout pixels on this?

I'm changing over to all pixels this year and need some help with my windows. So How would you layout the pixels on this window?

1) lay them out in the same patter as the leds, if so how would be the best way to wire them up.
    2) would you just to the outer part of the window.
    3) open to ideas
    4) with any of the above options brings another question. what would be the best way to attach them to/or around the window( I cannot screw anything into the house unfortunately)

Thanks in advance..Chris

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/jka...tml?sort=3&o=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How would you layout pixels on this?

I would probably address the outer part as a big rectangle. And then add four separate vertical lines for the each window pane. You'd probably have to do your own soldering or measure the distances and have Ray wu Custom design the strings for you. Could probably zig zag a 100 ct pixel string for the 4 lines btw. Hope this helps.
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaywalk101 View Post
    I would probably address the outer part as a big rectangle. And then add four separate vertical lines for the each window pane. You'd probably have to do your own soldering or measure the distances and have Ray wu Custom design the strings for you. Could probably zig zag a 100 ct pixel string for the 4 lines btw. Hope this helps.

That’s a good idea. I don’t mind the soldering. But if ray can do it cheap then I’m in.
    I am still open to more ideas. Thank you.
    Last edited by Cdanna77; 01-12-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As for mounting: I myself am considering hinged plastic wiremold with square pixels in the top, secured with industrial velcro. Corners will probably be tied together with those metal 90 degree fasteners that are flat with screw holes. Just an idea I am kicking around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    As for mounting: I myself am considering hinged plastic wiremold with square pixels in the top, secured with industrial velcro. Corners will probably be tied together with those metal 90 degree fasteners that are flat with screw holes. Just an idea I am kicking around.

I think I kind of understand what your talking about. Do have a pic of them.
    Last edited by Cdanna77; 01-12-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    I think I kind of understand what your talking about. Do have a pic of them.
    I have not built them yet, this years project.

Post Thanks / Like

My windows are inset into the brick siding of my house. The windows are double hung so I can lower the top window pane. I built PVC frames that fit inside the recess. I tied a short length of para-cord to the top corners of the PVC frames. To install, I put the PVC frame against the window, open the window top a little pull the para-cords in and close the window on the para-cords. Being inset helps a lot but the windows grip the para-cord pretty well. It may be ghetto, but it works for me. YMMV.
    Last edited by Jerry-Rigs; 01-14-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Even tho my windows curve I think I may be able to do something similar to what you do. still kicking around ideas.
    I was thinking if there is enough gap above the window I could use short pieces of J channel mounted to pvc and hang it from that lip hopefully that should give me the curve I need.
    but still unsure if I should cover the entire window (like in the pic) or just string them around the outer perimeter.

Thanks guys, still open to ideas..

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on doing my windows with 1" PVC pipe with 90 degree fittings. For the windows right next to each other like yours, I'm going to use T fittings for the space in between. The smaller windows will be hung from two supports on top and one on the bottom and I'll add a couple more for the multi windows so I can easily put them up and take them down. I'll drill holes to mount the lights and I'm thinking either 2" or 3" spacing of the pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

This something to consider. Thank you.
    I’m just wondering,should I heat the pvc to hold the curve of the window.
    I’m leaning toward using ray wu’s c7 technicolor pixels so zip tying them to the pvc should work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast