Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to buy from member here at DIYC

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to buy from member here at DIYC

Guys and Girls,

I am new here and maybe this is a weird and stupid question. How do we know the product will arrive at your door when we buy something from a member? I'm not saying that I don't trust but just wanna hear experiences from others. Buying things from ebay has protection if seller won't ship or damage on arrive.

In the past experiences, I had bad time with seller on buying stuff online.

Just want to see everyone input.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to buy from member here at DIYC

I guess itís just a trust thing.

Iíve bought several items from members on this forum and have had nothing but a perfectly positive experience.

Items arrived on time and were exactly what was described.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 - 72 Renard Channels - Roughly 4,200 Lights - 3 Sequenced Songs

You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ8...yLJieEEwDto7xg

Hoping to add Pixel Arches and Roof Llines in 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Use PayPal and pay person as goods and services and ask for tracking number. Check their involvement on the forum. That's what I would do.
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

4. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of members use Paypal, you can send money to someone without any issues.
    Items can be sent to you and both parties are protected. I've used them for years on this forum and never had an issue.
    See all our videos at:

http://www.hickoryhollow74.wix.com/hickory-hollow

Vixen 3.5

"Electrical Tape is my Friend"
    Falcon F16V3
    Renard SS24 (8)
    20 Universes
    25,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

As others mentioned, look at the member's Join Date and Post Count. That gives you a clue of how long they've been around and how active they are. if they've got only a handful of posts, or are a very recent member, it's wise to be cautious. But in general, most people here are very friendly, honest, and loyal. If they have a history of cheating people, they wouldn't still be a member here.

7. Likes Wayne J, bud29, Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have conducted about 1000 paypal transactions with folks on this forum from group buys to direct purchases.

When I sell stuff, I give folks the option of paying as a friend (no paypal fees) or as goods/services (with paypal fees).
    When you pay as goods/services, you have paypal protections, otherwise you don't.

All the advice is very good here but it just comes down to personal choice and trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I use paying as a friend (no paypal fees) for people I have purchased from in the past and goods/services (with paypal fees) for people who are fairly new or I haven't purchased from. Either way,I have never had any issues buying or selling.
    As mentioned,everybody looks out for one another here,so If somebody had done somebody wrong,we would know about it.

It think it would be nice to have a Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback forum to give feedback on such transactions.
    Last edited by Kev7274; 01-11-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1) Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas

10. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did have a scare this fall when I sent out a set of four pixel driver boards and they seemed to get lost in the mail. I am sure the person that purchased them was a bit nervous. They did show up after a while, but even as a person sending something out, it can be a nerve wracking.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had a problem buying from anyone here. As you go through posts, you will often see someone needing a part and multiple members offering to send spares they have, at no cost or just shipping. It's a great bunch here at DIYC. But as someone else mentioned, check join date and # of posts beforehand.
    Zaker

1 - Ren 64
    4 - Ren 24
    1 - Ren48LSD
    2 - E681
    LOTS OF LIGHTS!!
    http://lights.quietwebhosting.com

13. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I concur on all points. I have had nothing but positive experiences buying (and receiving) and selling to members on this forum. That does not guarantee you won't have negative experiences, but the other advice offered above should help avoid/reduce/eliminate that.

Note that I did have one time when it looked like the 'seller' was trying to sell the materials again, after I had sent payment. A simple misunderstanding due to a failure on my part: I did not tell him that I had paid. So, after negotiating the deal, make sure to either send PM or post a message here to let the other person know that you are following through and have paid. Unlike eBay, there is no other way here to show that you are really committed to the purchase.

The only other thing I could add is to use/require tracking. It might cost you a few $ but it gives you a 3rd-party confirmation that something was sent, and when it happens, that it went lost during shipment.

Jimboha
    Springville, Utah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast