Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to rgb and not sure what direction to go

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to rgb and not sure what direction to go

you are on the right track. You still need to pick up a soldering iron and learn how to solder wires, become a carpenter, a pipe fitter and an accrobat. Then you need to learn to interpret music and express emotion in light. Easy.

In all seriousness. You are on a good track. Feel free to ask questions and dont forget to post pictures of your display and elements. We all love to see how others accomplish things.

2019 - Going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand (again). I will be dark for the 2nd year in a row. Sigh..

2. Thanks angus40 thanked for this post
    Likes angus40, Stormyblade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    you are on the right track. You still need to pick up a soldering iron and learn how to solder wires, become a carpenter, a pipe fitter and an accrobat. Then you need to learn to interpret music and express emotion in light. Easy.

In all seriousness. You are on a good track. Feel free to ask questions and dont forget to post pictures of your display and elements. We all love to see how others accomplish things.
    You forgot to add in Used Car Salesman...for when you are trying to convince "The Boss" that you really need just 1 more controller and 10 more strings of lights.

Seriously, though, welcome to the hobby. I've only been in it for a couple of years, and 2018 was my first full display for Halloween and Christmas, and I'm loving this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    You forgot to add in Used Car Salesman...for when you are trying to convince "The Boss" that you really need just 1 more controller and 10 more strings of lights.
    Yeah, my wife knows it's a hobby and I'm really into it... but gives me the look of "whatever' when I talk about it. She's being the nay-sayer about things like grumpy neighbors and traffic. We'll see how it goes off this year. At the very least, we have 2 empty lots (one to our right, and one across the street) that people can park and watch/get out to look. Two neighbors are fully on board and won't have a problem with the lights while I haven't talked to the 3rd to let them know. If anything, I'll buy them some blackout curtains for the front windows :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12