Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

Thanks for sharing all of your ideas and solutions.

What/how are you supplying 5vdc/12vdc to the ESPixelsticks? Is your power supply in the same enclosure as the ESP? If so, what are you using that fits in that small of an enclosure?

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my ESPixeksticks are enclosed in plastic bottles near the pixel strings in the yard. Power is as close as 10 feel and as far away as 30 feet. I use 16aw g cable to transport the power.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone's played with it before, but I was considering just encasing them in a smallish epoxy block - You can buy bulk epoxy resin (and molds) for jewelry making, and some people have encased ESP-01 + some funky LEDs as a paperweight/ornament. I figured just encase the circuit in the block with waterproof connectors sticking out the side. I realise it limits the ability to fix/service them later, but they're cheap enough that I was still considering it.

Get the right stuff and you can make them bounce really well when you throw them too

Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief. Glad that guy isn't my neighbor given all the DIY stuff I do around my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    No, but I had 2 sherriff deputies and a state trooper show up. The moment the stater got there he recognized my house. The sheriff deputy was acting real cautious cause he saw all the pipes laid out on the table. Stater asked me what was going on and if this was stuff fir the show. Told him yes, popped one open and showed them. All was good after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    I appreciate everyone posting their setups with their ESPixelSticks. My wife and kids are really excited for me to do the display this year (first year). I can only hope all goes well & Hopefully working when the time comes, lol
    With the ESPixelSticks, you have to be very comfortable working w/ wireless networks. You should run your show on a separate network get a dedicated Access Point, a lot of us use the Ubiquity line, in particular the Nanostation Loco M2. There are multiple post on how to configure and tweak the AP and the best practices for running on WiFi (use Multicast)
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Good Grief. Glad that guy isn't my neighbor given all the DIY stuff I do around my house.
    It was not until the show when i had a complaint filed to the city that i violated some dill holes rights to freedom from religion, that it was suggested to me it may be the same person who called the cops on me. I bet he was pissed to see a Sheriff car and a city police car and a State police car parked in front of my place for my tribute to fallen officers. They turned on the blue and reds just as my house started flashing blue and red.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. did you get pictures or a video?
    It was not until the show when i had a complaint filed to the city that i violated some dill holes rights to freedom from religion, that it was suggested to me it may be the same person who called the cops on me. I bet he was pissed to see a Sheriff car and a city police car and a State police car parked in front of my place for my tribute to fallen officers. They turned on the blue and reds just as my house started flashing blue and red.

Post Thanks / Like

rights to freedom from religion
    I don't seem to remember that particular right. I do remember the right to freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of association, and freedom of religion.
    Perhaps a Civil Liberties lawsuit is in order against said dill hole for attempting to infringe on your rights? Maybe add in filing a false police report.
    I am kidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Several complaints from them were filed to the city. However the city informed them that nothing will be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Big difference - Freedom "OF" religion vs. Freedom "FROM" religion.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast