Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

I used thin wall PVC with 2 end caps. On one end cap I used a cable glands. The glands didn't seat well in the curve of the cap. I mounted it glands down and used it anyway.

I think my solution will be to use the thin wall with 2 caps. Mount it vertically. Use PVC glue on the top cap. Drill a cable hole in the bottom cap and do not seal it. Friction fit only the bottom cap. This will give rain protection up top, weep hole down below (around the cable), and access to the ESPixelStick without cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    When using the PVC pipe, keep them hidden while working with them, otherwise some nosey SOB who lives up the street will walk by and see them laid out on a table in the drive way and call the cops to report that your building pipe bombs.
    Did they cuff you?

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the 1" thin wall. I glue the bottom cap on, and drill a hole in the bottom cap for wires, I never seal the wire hole as they are mounted vertically, and just push the top cap on, makes it easy if I need to remove or repair them, and I have never had water intrusion
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is

Post Thanks / Like

With the few that I've built, I've drilled the top, attached a hook (sealed with silicone), then glued the top to the pipe.
    The bottom has the cables coming out of it, and the circuit board easily accessible. Sliding the board in and pressing the bottom in has been more than enough to hold the thing together. Repairs are easy, and no water intrusion though we have had torrential rains with them fully exposed to it.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate everyone posting their setups with their ESPixelSticks. My wife and kids are really excited for me to do the display this year (first year). I can only hope all goes well & Hopefully working when the time comes, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    If you get a WHOLE lot of rain then those will float!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcamron View Post
    If you get a WHOLE lot of rain then those will float!
    They all float down here...….
    pennywise.jpg
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    Did they cuff you?
    No, but I had 2 sherriff deputies and a state trooper show up. The moment the stater got there he recognized my house. The sheriff deputy was acting real cautious cause he saw all the pipes laid out on the table. Stater asked me what was going on and if this was stuff fir the show. Told him yes, popped one open and showed them. All was good after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    I appreciate everyone posting their setups with their ESPixelSticks. My wife and kids are really excited for me to do the display this year (first year). I can only hope all goes well & Hopefully working when the time comes, lol
    My suggestion don't want to the last month to get things assembled. Test your builds as you go. I waited then went into a mad dash and only got the whole show running one week before Christmas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast