Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

I was curious about what the people on here use to protect the EspixelSticks during their shows? I currently have 5 on hand (pre-ordering my lights for a 2019 display). I thought I could buy my lights in June/July last year so I had all my stuff except the lights but then quickly found out that I had to pre-order early in the year for that many lights that was my fault for assuming I could do that. Anyways now that I have a plan in place how are the people using ESPixelSticks for their display protecting these from the elements? I live in Indiana and the weather can be wet or dry we don't know until we wake up what is going to happen that day. I tried to do a search in the forum here and the only option I seen was a guy put them into a Snapple bottle. Looking for efficient options that will work well, wasn't sure about certain materials affecting the WiFi signals. I am using an Loco NanoStation M2 AP to provide my signal to the front of the house. I would say that from my house to the road is 25-30'.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Enclosure Options

@sporadic Are those rubber type caps that you can buy at like Lowes or Menards for the PVC? I have your ESPixelSticks for my display so knowing that is what you are using looks like a great option. Also are those tubes you using exposed to the elements directly? Do you have the holes for the power & pigtails sealed or waterproofed? Thank you for the response.

Post Thanks / Like

I use pill bottles with cable glands.
    case.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sctwohig View Post
    I use pill bottles with cable glands.
    case.gif
    Exactly what I Use, I found Vitamin bottles to work best and nice and big. I just cable tie them to side of props. Unscrew top and you have easy access.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    @sporadic Are those rubber type caps that you can buy at like Lowes or Menards for the PVC? I have your ESPixelSticks for my display so knowing that is what you are using looks like a great option. Also are those tubes you using exposed to the elements directly? Do you have the holes for the power & pigtails sealed or waterproofed? Thank you for the response.
    They're just the standard 1" SCH40 PVC caps. OD of the 1" CL200 is the same as SCH40, just thinner wall so more room on the inside. The caps are filled with silicone and where the wires exit (on the bottom). I have a bunch strapped to the window frames that go on my house and they work great, don't have any ground based elements.

Post Thanks / Like

@sctwohig @DrNeutron That is a interesting option. Do you guys have moisture issues at all? Not sure of the weather conditions where you guys live. We had a stretch of like rain for 4 straight days in December. I love seeing other idea's & options people use

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    @sctwohig @DrNeutron That is a interesting option. Do you guys have moisture issues at all? Not sure of the weather conditions where you guys live. We had a stretch of like rain for 4 straight days in December. I love seeing other idea's & options people use
    Nope, no moisture issues at all.
    I live in Nova Scotia on an island that juts out into the Atlantic.....Lots of rain/snow/sleet/hail/wind.
    I use the PG9 cable glands as well and it makes it totally waterproof.
    I used a TUMS bottle 2 years ago and still use it, with the tums it is clear so you can see the red LED of the ESPIXELSTICK LOL....
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

When using the PVC pipe, keep them hidden while working with them, otherwise some nosey SOB who lives up the street will walk by and see them laid out on a table in the drive way and call the cops to report that your building pipe bombs.

10. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually surprised I did not. We had a lot more rain than normal this year and I even had 1 bottle that was in a puddle for a couple of days before I moved it. It did have a tiny amount of moisture but not much for sitting in a puddle for a few days. The rest of them where not in puddles and did not have moisture. Also all of mine just lay on the ground in the grass (part of why it was in a puddle).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast