Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Networking Q1 - FPP on Rasberry Pi, how do i get back to wireless setup on Pi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Networking Q1 - FPP on Rasberry Pi, how do i get back to wireless setup on Pi

this is one of my controllers before change

sandev 5v.jpg
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Networking Q1 - FPP on Rasberry Pi, how do i get back to wireless setup on Pi

If i am understanding you with the kitchen WAP, i need to uncheck enable for the DHCP and change start IP to 192.168.0.115?

If i uncheck the DHCP, that side all grays out. If i pick edit next to router details, i can change the IP address there - that sounds more correct to me, but waiting for confirmation!

This means i have to change the RPi again from "1" to "0" in the third location - definately waiting for response first.

Kitchen_router.JPG
    Last edited by ben&bobbi; 01-16-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ben&bobbi View Post
    If i am understanding you with the kitchen WAP, i need to uncheck enable for the DHCP and change start IP to 192.168.0.115?

If i uncheck the DHCP, that side all grays out. If i pick edit next to router details, i can change the IP address there - that sounds more correct to me, but waiting for confirmation!

This means i have to change the RPi again from "1" to "0" in the third location - definately waiting for response first.

Kitchen_router.JPG
    Once you uncheck the "Enable DHCP Server" the whole right side should go grey - all those setting are for how the server leases addresses things connected to your network. However, when we put your Kitchen Router in Bridge Mode and make it a true Wireless Access Point it will disable all that for you.
    You don't want to "EDIT" the IP address on the connectivity page yet - you may doing this all on the "Basic Page" if your router supports Bridge Mode.

1. Before you modify your Kitchen router, since you still have wireless access to the RPi, go into the RPi and change the eth0 setting back to 192.168.0.37 for now ( you can change it back to 192.168.5.250 after we get Wifi back up) - the setting originally given by your ISP Router so that we can access the RPi after the Kitchen Router is configured for Bridge Mode.

2. I'm not sure of the model of your Kitchen Router, but it looks like a Linksys using the Smart-Wifi software. You can go to this page and follow the steps to put it in Bridge Mode: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-a...icleNum=143751

a. Before starting the process, get on your bedroom computer and log into your ISP router. Get the current IP address of the Kitchen Router that the ISP router assigned. Should be in one of the "status windows". You will use this address in Step 7 of the procedure above. The gateway will be 192.168.0.1 - your ISP provided gateway and the mask 255.255.255.0.

If for some reason your router doesn't support Bridge Mode as described in the link provided. You can simply turn off the DHCP (uncheck enable) and then you will edit the IP address of your router so an available address on the 192.168.0.X Subnet (If you were able to find the Kitchen Router address in the ISP router status page - that is the IP address you want to manually give the Kitchen Router)

3. Once your Kitchen Router is back up again, connect to your RPi via ethernet cable and configure the wlan0 as we did earlier. It will get another 192.168.0.X IP Address from the Wireless connection.

4. At this point you can change your eth0 setting back to 192.168.5.250.

In Response to your post about losing connection to your Christmas devices:
    I noticed that the Christmas Router was still set for DHCP, don't forget to disable that as well. That may have caused issue after you reconfigured your controllers.
    Robert USN EM1/SS

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a little different, its an EA6100. This is where i am at. I need to call service provider and see if i get access to that modem.

I did reset RPi eth0 value, and can see it fine ... so far

chenging to bridge.JPG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234