Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    How did you mount the Ray Wu milky star modules to the 1x6 redwood?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Nice display! Lots of ideas you gave me for next year! ��
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, Ca.
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    What is the black sleeve that you are running you power injection wires in? Is it UV resistant?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Buellton, California
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    Very nice walk through. How did you model the mini trees, looks like you got pretty even spacing going around the trees in a spiral wrap. I was torn between how you wrapped yours or making them with even straight lines up and down, kinda like a mega tree.
    Thanks, the trees are modeled in Xlights as a tree with 13 spiral wraps. I didnt spend a whole lot of time making sure the spacing was equal on them. A little disorder and uneven spacing isnt a bad thing with an all pixel display. I chose spiral wrap because it seems a bit more traditional. I dont need 62 mini trees/matrices

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Buellton, California
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    The 3000w Meanwells only run on 220v, correct? If so, did you have a 220 line on site already (like other than a dryer circuit)?
    I have a 100amp 240v subpanel for the display. I also rob power from a couple 240v AC disconnects with dedicated 50a circuit

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Buellton, California
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by dmadesign View Post
    What is the black sleeve that you are running you power injection wires in? Is it UV resistant?
    I think you're referring to the submersible pump cable I use. It has four conductors. I double them up for less voltage drop and higher ampacity most the time. I get old wire free from work. Something like this. https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/...ump-cable.html

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Buellton, California
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by Cjaqua View Post
    How did you mount the Ray Wu milky star modules to the 1x6 redwood?
    I used small screws, they have holes for mounting

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Beaumont, Ca.
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Thanks. That's what I was referring to. From your video it kinda looked like it was just a sleeve that you had over your injection wires.

    Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    I think you're referring to the submersible pump cable I use. It has four conductors. I double them up for less voltage drop and higher ampacity most the time. I get old wire free from work. Something like this. https://www.wireandcableyourway.com/...ump-cable.html

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Staten Island New York
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

    Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    Thanks, the trees are modeled in Xlights as a tree with 13 spiral wraps. I didnt spend a whole lot of time making sure the spacing was equal on them. A little disorder and uneven spacing isnt a bad thing with an all pixel display. I chose spiral wrap because it seems a bit more traditional. I dont need 62 mini trees/matrices
    Thank you. I’m going to mock one up and check it out. I liked some of the effects you got with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •