Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

Put together a little walk behind video before I start tearing down the display tomorrow. 100% pixel with ~130k channels

2. Thanks superdave thanked for this post
    Likes superdave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Buellton Lights 2018 Walk Behind

Nicely done! I wish more DIY'ers would do a walk-thru of their displays.

I think many of us say to ourselves, "Yeah, I should do that..." but we never pull the trigger.

I do one every year for my own records because I can't remember what the heck I did one year or how I connected this to that, and I've edited/published a couple of them over the years... They can be tremendously helpful!

Good job!

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow that’s impressive. I’d have to start today for a show in 2020 if that were me. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Nicely done! I wish more DIY'ers would do a walk-thru of their displays.

I think many of us say to ourselves, "Yeah, I should do that..." but we never pull the trigger.

I do one every year for my own records because I can't remember what the heck I did one year or how I connected this to that, and I've edited/published a couple of them over the years... They can be tremendously helpful!

Good job!
    Thanks Dave. It does come in handy next year! I referenced mine from last year several times this year. Its a great idea to document what you have done even if its only for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    Nice video. Do you have a link to your show? Also, What breakout and power distribution boards are you using? Thanks.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    Dan,
    Nice video. Do you have a link to your show? Also, What breakout and power distribution boards are you using? Thanks.
    https://vimeo.com/user59474765 Thanks, I have a mix of everything for power distro. These are probably my favorite. Rated for 100 amps and not much more than an F8 distro. https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/15600-10-21.html

8. Likes Dkelly0802, Keith R liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    Put together a little walk behind video before I start tearing down the display tomorrow. 100% pixel with ~130k channels
    Well done. Itís nice to see Iím not the only madman who used a city light pole in the display. I had Ray build me 6 strands of 200 square pixels on 3cm centers for it. I was thinking of sending James a design for mounting brackets and see if heíll make some from ABS or see if heíll make me some netting with custom spacing. Iíll be sure to PM you if I come up with something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    Well done. It’s nice to see I’m not the only madman who used a city light pole in the display. I had Ray build me 6 strands of 200 square pixels on 3cm centers for it. I was thinking of sending James a design for mounting brackets and see if he’ll make some from ABS or see if he’ll make me some netting with custom spacing. I’ll be sure to PM you if I come up with something.
    Thanks. I've been lighting up the light pole in my front yard for over a decade. Never asked for permission from the city, just did it. I'm always open for better options but my Boscoyo strip and zipties works well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice walk through. How did you model the mini trees, looks like you got pretty even spacing going around the trees in a spiral wrap. I was torn between how you wrapped yours or making them with even straight lines up and down, kinda like a mega tree.

Post Thanks / Like

The 3000w Meanwells only run on 220v, correct? If so, did you have a 220 line on site already (like other than a dryer circuit)?
    Last edited by Kensington; 01-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast